Hobby? More like an addiction.

hboc73

I lusted after this little 12 gallon nano cube for months before breaking down and buying it. 4 years and thousands of dollars later, I know that I could have a 12,000 gallon tank and still not have enough room for all the coral I'd like to have in my home. It's hours of endless entertainment, hard work, needless worry, and pure joy.

smkndrgn142

you sir speak the truth. I try my best not to think about the money I've spent on this hobby, but it's one of the most rewarding things I've done!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I like to call it "A Way Of Life" now LOL!

Yeah don't even factor $$ into the equation or you may never sleep again LOL!

Uslanja

We are in the process of an "intervention" and rehab starts in a week! Naw....! We're outa control and lovin it!!

GlassMunky

Thats for sure. And just as expensive, if not more, that most other addictions..... My tank is only a 29G and been up for less than a year, and I know I've dropped way over 2G's into it already, with no end in sight. Gotta LOVE it! =)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

hboc73

Thanks! Glad to see I'm in good (if not completely sane) company. I like the support group and intervention idea. Unfortunately it sounds like it would be an egg on and go get it group instead. LOL!

smkndrgn142

If someone tried to put me in a reef intervention, I think I would blow up and storm out on them. Some people just don't understand...even some of my best friends!

hboc73

It's hard to make people understand who don't have one. But the moment you meet someone who does, they just get it. No explanations needed. I picked up a Sympodium Coral a couple weeks ago. No one else but my coral loving friends understood why I was so excited.

Deff a way of life like big al said... I spend so much time fiddling around with my tank stuff I don't realize the hours flying by... So interesting to sit and watch, then get on the forums and talk about it, then fidget around some more...
My lawnmower blenny just started eating prepared food and i was sooo happy he's a little fatty now! but all my other non reefer friends were like wth? Its nice to see hard work paying off.

Johnly

Reef is NOT an addiction! Drugs are...and if you drug and reef, I am the last to say you are addicted:) Drugs fry you sucka!

smkndrgn142

I can honestly say that drugs are no more of a drain on you than a reef tank, I've done battle with both...pick your poison!

cindyp

awe just wait... we all go though this your first tank and youre in love then
MTS hits then you get smart and go LARGE..$$$$$
tanks are like tatar chips ya can't have just one.:bluenod:

Ricks75reef

I know your pain. I went from having a 40 gal. tank for 3 weeks to a 75 gal and already looking into a 175gal. My wife wants to kill me. :swmfish:

Ricks75reef

I had my tank inventoried for insurance purposes and I found out how much I had in my little 75 gallon and wanted to vomit. $5,000 goes verry quickly in this addiction:explode:

smkndrgn142

I'm just glad we don't have more power outlets in our apartment...I've got 3 empty tanks sitting idle. Though I'm still trying to get my 29 back up and running. But I'm happy to be focused on 1 rather than the 5 I had going in college!