Nitrates : 0
Phosphates : > 0,01
Salinity : 1.0229
Alk : 8dkH
Cal : 408 ppm
Mag : 1340 ppm
Water : RO/DI
Ph – 8.1 to 8.3
Supplements: Balling Complete +Plus ( Ca, Mg, Na, Trace Elements and Amino Acids)

There is no news to report. All animals are healthy, the corals grow more than only well. Here a FTS of this week.

fts_14_07_08.jpg

vdituri

Heinz, how often do you have to trim your xenia in that tank?
Or is it contained by it's neighboring corals?
Have you ever tried getting it started in the predator tank?

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
Heinz, how often do you have to trim your xenia in that tank?
Or is it contained by it's neighboring corals?
Have you ever tried getting it started in the predator tank?

Or that finger leather for that matter, It seems like it will be in CONTROL soon!
I like this tank, its a 115?? Looks smaller, everything must be just really big.

bluespotjawfish

I'm still drooling over the urchin!

Heinz, do you normally keep this tank at the 1.023 salinity? If so, do you have a specific reason why? Just curious.

hma

I'm still drooling over the urchin!

Heinz, do you normally keep this tank at the 1.023 salinity? If so, do you have a specific reason why? Just curious.

Yes, there is a reason why I keeps my aquariums with a density of 1.023xx . The typical Salinity in a reef (in the wild) is approx. 34.8% in the average at an temperature of approx. 26 ° C. The average temperature in my aquariums also amounts to 26 ° C (exception my Mediterranean- and the Seahorse aquarium (22-23°C)) and the Salinity approx. 35%, this corresponds converted to a density of 1.02303 kg / m3.

@vdituri
Victor, every 3-4 weeks I trimm the xenias, all 8-10 weeks I have to frag the other one.

@tippMANn98
Yes Daniel, the corals in my reef are all relatively big, the P. damicornis in the center for example, has a diameter of approx. 20 cm .

btw ... my reef-tank is 120cm x 65cm x 65cm = 507 liters = 133 gal , of it approx. 18 gal. are used for the sump = 115 gal. total

ScubaDrew

Beautiful as always Heinz.

I have a question regarding your xenia. How do you control it? I put one small frag in my tank and now it is all I can do to keep it from taking over the tank. Its crawling up the walls, it drifts around the tank and sprouts new colonies all the time. Yours looks so controlled.

Drew :surrender:

My frieday update:

The current values of the 115gal tank:

Ammonia : 0
Nitrites : 0
Nitrates : 0
Phosphates : > 0,01
Salinity : 1.0229
Alk : 8dkH
Cal : 408 ppm
Mag : 1340 ppm
Water : RO/DI
Ph – 8.1 to 8.3
Supplements: Balling Complete +Plus ( Ca, Mg, Na, Trace Elements and Amino Acids)

There is no news to report. All animals are healthy, the corals grow more than only well. Here a FTS of this week.

fts_14_07_08.jpg

Techno-Vicki

Beautiful as always. I am glad you are discussing trimming of xenia. I do the same. I also have a couple of spots that they sprout. A little epoxy over the remains once scraped off will do the trick. Any other methods?

ScubaDrew

I buery them in the sand, attack them with the long pinchers, put my mean frogspawn next to them. All to no avail.

Drew

Beautiful as always. I am glad you are discussing trimming of xenia. I do the same. I also have a couple of spots that they sprout. A little epoxy over the remains once scraped off will do the trick. Any other methods?

hma

Hi Vicki, Drew.....I am use to remove the Xenia a long surgical tweezer. Singles standing Xenia are eaten by my sea urchins. Particularly Tripneustes gratilla eat Xenia, at least the sporadically seeming ones.