Hi everyone...

bugabugirl

Hi,

I'm in the process of starting a 30 gallon cube tank. I'm not very savvy with do it yourself mods... My lfs drilled the back for me and built me a custom sump with refugium.

The tank has been running 3 weeks but no lights yet except in refugium..

I am trying to learn all I can to setup this tank correctly... i have some lighting questions but is it better to ask in other forum? LFS is helpful but i want to do my own research too..

I have a 2 year stock 24 aquapod except for added powerhead for more water flow. I love my pod but limited as a stock tank.

I was going to upgrade aquapod but I decided it would be more fun to start a 2nd tank. I hope to go slow and learn as I go...

:snrkl:

Sounds like you're doing the right thing....going SLOWLY! I haven't been in this hobby for nearly as long as most of the folks here, but I have definitely learned that patience is a virtue.

And welcome to RS!

JWarren

welcomefish.gif

Well, if you have a refugium, you are ahead of some of the poeple that hang here. Welcome to RS!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hello :wave: and welcome! Sounds like you're off to a GREAT start! Going slow and learning is the BEST way to go by FAR!!

Kudos to you!! We LOVE pics!!

fishnu

If you have been running a 24 pod for 2 years you are certainly not a beginner. We'd love to see pics of your fishy friends..

bugabugirl

thank you all

I posted some pictures in my gallery.. still trying to figure how to post pictures in email discussions

I'l be asking some questions in the new to saltwater

Frankie

RS STAFF
Forum discussions you mean. :)
What you do is either upload them from a host like photobucket.com or hit the Go Advanced button instead of the Post Quick Reply button. Once over there scroll down and you will see Manage Attachments button. Click that. it will allow you to brows photo's from your computer. (Be sure to resize the picture in a resize program like Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP
so you are not cramming your usable storage here)
After you chose the picture thats it! :)
Personally i have found Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket to be the easiest way by just pasting the bottom tag in the post your making.

bugabugirl

thank you photobucket looks like a good way to go...

Ok here's a picture of 2 year old aquapod..

057_1.jpg

a side view ....

038_sideview.jpg

my clowns and close up of zoo's

030_1.jpg

fun picture of dotty back.. he/she is alwys interested in what's going on

032_dotty.jpg

Here's new tank been running 1 month now... I still need to buy lights..

055_30.jpg

Picture of custom sump underneath..
056_sump.jpg