Hey MikeZ300 here, new to the forum

MikeZ300

I'm fairly new to the hobbie, I had a preditor tank for a couple years and switched over to a reef tank about a year ago. I have a 300 gal tank built into a wall. Pics to follow.

I do have a question to the clam lovers out there. I have two clams not sure what kind but they will not open their mantle (i think that's what u call it) all the way. Please let me know what to do. My water is good calcium, nitrate, nitrite, Phos ect....

PLEASE HELP

framerguy

Welcome to RS Mike!! I answered your question with some of my own on your clam thread.

An Victor,..I thought you were a clam, LOL!?

Techno-Vicki

Hi Mike glad to have you aboard (I bought Mike's 175 bowfront for my mom). I too answered the clam question on the other thread.

You will really enjoy this site. A lot of friendly supportive people who will help you with any question you have, and frequently give you a good laugh along the way.

Vicki

Frankie

RS STAFF
Welcome to RS!
I just hunted this thread down because i saw in your other post about the clam. The tanks been running for a year now and thats what i wanted to know. fix your alk issue and try again if the clam dies.
Sometimes these things happen and no one knows why. Its a risk we all take getting live stock. If i was you with that kind of lighting i would go for an easier clam like a light loving Gigas! You have the room for it ;)