Help! Tank has been sitting for 7 months..

lcstorc

Here's a kick to get you started. You give 10% of the karma you have so a newbie has and gives a small amount of karma. It is almost like a very very loose rating thing. If people like what you say or do or the advice you give or asking a good question. Many things can get you karma. So spread it around as you see fit.
And on a more serious note. I would put in another shrimp or some flake food. Personally I would like to see a larger amonia spike to be sure you have a good buildup of bacteria. I believe the recommendation is to have amonia between 1 and 2 for about a week to be sure you are established. That is what I am doing with my new tank anyway. The cycle takes a bit longer but you have a more stable system to add livestock to.

Sonic

Thanks LCSTORC! I was wondering how high the amonia was supposed to spike. And thanks for the karma JUGGERS!

Sonic

Ok my amonia is up to .5 now. But my ph is pretty low still... 7.8-7.9. I used a buffer yesterday and it went up to 8.2 (which is about what I want correct?). But it went right back down today. Is there something Im not doing? Do I really have to use a buffer everyday forever?