Help sandbed

Vwtbug

Sandbed my sand has red string or hair n it looks like its alive with a worm on the bottom of it moves looks like my fish is trying to eat it ?? There is a lot of it my tank is10 months old

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
If its not some type of algae, Odds are its a Spagetti worm. they bury their body under the sand, and have red/orange strings that stay above. they use these to feel for food. Harmless good members of the CUC.

Vwtbug

That's it spaghetti orange/red hair above the sand so glad u say its good I was scared it would be bad good news thank u I'm using my I pod to do this I new hear with I new how to get pic of my tank on hear I got 2videos on you tube there under Thomas Cosner thank u agine

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I have LOTS of those worms in my tank....seems like they all stay on the left half of my tanks sand bed for some reason. It's hard to get a good picture of them. I've heard that they can be an irritator of Zoa polyps but they aren't close enough to any of mine so I've not seen it happen. I will keep the ones in my tank as a good part of the CUC unless they become a bother to any of my sand bed corals.