help my floating fish

NonamisMomi

i was trying to reduce small bubbles in the tank..so i put a filter in my backpack protein skimmer. the bubbles were reduced, however, my fish were all towards the top of the tank and seemed to be struggling to get to the bottom. what's the deal?:wit:

chipmunkofdoom2

When were the fish added to the tank? My clown did this when he was first introduced, but once acclimated fully he found a crevice in the rocks and has lived there ever since.

chipmunkofdoom2

Hmm.. not sure then. Any other changes we should know about? Lighting, equipment, supplements, anything like that?

If all your parameters are stable and nothing's changed except the pad you added to the skimmer, it's beyond my expertise... haha

NonamisMomi

I guess im jsut asking if there is a correlation between the amount of bubbles in the tank to the depth a fish will swim...:hallo:

burning2nd

no... there is not.. the bubbles you see are micro bubbles useing when new equipment is installed, or a pump is sucking air...

your talking about bubbles in the water stream right?

you fish arent stupid.... they will get in a retueen with feeding....

In my case when i pump my hand by the left front corner then go crazy... so

a little more info bout your tanks parameters will help.

degibson84

i have a Bakpak as well and have tons of bubbles but i have never tried to reduce them. for the fear of reducing the oxygen levels in the water.