help. my condy anemone wont eat

brackish10

i got it a couple weeks ago. i gave it a few days to get used to the new tank. i feed it frozen silver sides because i was told that's what was Fed at the store. it grabbed a whole one, put it in its mouth for a minute, then basically spat it it and left it alone. so a couple days later, i tried a half of one, same thing except it never ingested it, just held it for about 15 mins. what can i do?

ziggy

Could it be a bad batch of food? Did you get this food from the same place you got the mone?

ziggy

yes i did. am i supposed to be thawing it in tank water? they said its what they do.

Yes, you can take some tank water in a container, thaw it till soft, then warm it to tank temp if you can, then feed the mone.

To be safe I'd try another batch of food and I would ask LFS if they feed this guy there and how did they prepare the froxen food for feeding
Always good to keeop thing the same. If it aint broken don't fix it.

reefer gladness

When feeding make sure the piece of silverside is smaller than the mouth of the nem. Silversides are fine and yes they should be thawed to tank temp before feeding. Nems don't need to be fed very often either, every couple weeks is fine. I usually feed my RBTA's once per month

Is this in your fluval tank with 'Wave point ho 8led' lighting? Those are 1-watt LED's and not capable of sustaining a nem long term IMO. So long as the tentacles are sticky and grabbing food it's still healthy but I would watch it closely.

brackish10

thanks. and yes it is the fluval. my studies of the condy showed that it didn't need as intense of lighting. about that which can sustain lps. my Frogspawn is kickin so I'm guessing three lighting is fine.