help missing pics

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Mark - I had a similar question, as I've learned other, too. I believe it is a glitch with the VBulliten software...Travis correct me if I misunderstood an explaination I received. If you notice, pics that are links from images in galleries are all fine....it is the attached pics that are no longer. I'm not sure when it happened, so don't know what date it ended with. I also don't think there is anything that can be done, that probably hasn't been tried. I made the mistake of not keeping one of my pics on the computer, so when I needed the pic, it was gone. Frustrating to say the least - but sometimes software does what it does, and there wasn't much to stop it.

ReefLady

Staff member
The server crashed several weeks back and we had to go to a backup because the database was corrupt.

When we went to the backup, the attachments database was corrupted, apparently the backup had a bad DB. I have contacted VBulletin customer support and was told the database is most likely shot and there's nothing we can do.

I'm as frustrated as you are about the situation, likely moreso, but I don't think there's anything that can be done. We got hosed on the backup. I'm very, very sorry.

T

mkpaulson

Thank you for looking into it Travis if you would be so kind delete the thread if you could and I will start over. these things happen!!

ReefLady

Staff member
Thanks for understanding.

Rather than delete the thread, you can edit the individual posts and reattach the photos if you'd like.

I recommend you upload them to the photo gallery and link to them instead. The gallery is solid, attachments scare me now. :)

LMK if you still want to delete it and I will, I thought this just might be an easier way for you to go and keep all the info that's in there.

T

wooddood

the wood dude
i agree thats the easiest way to get the job and a whole lot faster too. good luck mark.

dave.;)

mkpaulson

ok I figured out how to reupload the pic, I didn't know you could do that thank you for the help I'm all set now.

wooddood

the wood dude
:D gonna be sweet mark keep the pics comin please. your gonna like the starboard bottom i do mine. good luck on the rest of the project, looks awesome so far.

dave.;)