• 14,500K Megachrome HQI Double-Ended MH Bulb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20,000K XM HQI Double-Ended MH Bulb

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 20,000K Aqualine/BLV HQI Double-Ended MH Bulb

• 20,000K Megachrome HQI Double-Ended MH Bulb

• Other: Please include comments in your reply.

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

SZHTTM

Hello,

I was hoping all of you wonderful people would assist me in choosing a Double-Ended MH bulb.

I just purchased a new canopy for my 92-gallon reef, becuase the old one is not doing so well after almost 6 years now...

In preparing the new canopy for the tank, a possibility has come to mind. I am now thinking I am going to upgrade my lights by adding a 250 watt double-ended MH to my already existing lights.

Currently, I have 2 96 watt PC (1 67K and 1 ACT03). Plus two 55 watt PCs (both are ACT03).

I have included a table with the bulbs that I found, but can't decide on a bulb.

Please choose the one you like best and please explain your choice to help me make a decision. Feel free to add as many comments as you see fit.

Thank you very much for your time and effort!!!

It is greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank you and Have Fun!!!
:thumber:

Last edited:

wooddood

the wood dude
well never tried the double end bulbs but my choice would be 250 watt 10k xm. thats what i run and really like the look. mine are mogul based by the way. also supplemented with 4 55watt 03 actinics.

dave.;)

Steve Ruddy

I would definitly go with a 10K bulb since you have supplemental lighting you will be keeping. This will allow you to blend the bulbs to acheive the desired color and give you more visual intensity as well. The only reason I picked the XM brand is because it is the least expensive. As far as it's track record I can't comment however if you want an established bulb go with the Ushio 10L.

Steve Ruddy

I would definitly go with a 10K bulb since you have supplemental lighting your will be keeping. This will allow you to blend the bulbs to acheive the desired color and give you more visual intensity as well. The only reason I picked the XM brand is because it is the least expensive. As far as it's track record I can't comment however if you want an established bulb go with the Ushio 10L.

SZHTTM

:clink:

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!

I went with your suggestions and purchased the 10K XM double-ended bulb (250w).

The light kit I purchased was the Aqua Medic Ocean Light HQI Lighting System.

Thank You and Have Fun!!!;
:thumber:

Last edited: