ErnestoC

Hi,

Could you help me identifying this? It just appeared near my polyps days ago>

Thanks for all your help :)

ernestoc-albums-lost-found-picture20622-what.jpg

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
either a baby plate coral or an LTA of some kind, pictures of the foot would help, certainly cool!

ErnestoC

either a baby plate coral or an LTA of some kind, pictures of the foot would help, certainly cool!

Hi sasquatch

Thank you so much for your help. I looks more like a Plate Coral, I wanted to take a picture of the foot but I don't see it.

DesertOrchid

I am wondering if it is a species of majano anemone?? Looks like some of the pictures when you do a google search. Would be nicer if it were the plate coral though.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
I am wondering if it is a species of majano anemone?? Looks like some of the pictures when you do a google search. Would be nicer if it were the plate coral though.
shame on you! it will be now you said it, plate was so much nicer don't ya think lol, it very well could be need to see the foot

ErnestoC

shame on you! it will be now you said it, plate was so much nicer don't ya think lol, it very well could be need to see the foot

Ok I saw the pictures and yes, it is identical to a majano anemone... I read this is not a good anemone to have on the reef right?? It is attached to a frag I got so I will probably take the frag out completely to avoid any future propagation..

I was exited with the idea it was a plate coral jeje

DesertOrchid

Awww Sasquatch.........you're just mad that I saw horses instead of zebra's when I heard hoof beats. LOLOL! Sure hope it is a plate coral. I've never seen one that tiny and it would be cool to see it's growth chronicled here at RS. :)

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
if you can put it somewhere it can't spread that would be nice to wait and see, if it splits quickly, burn it lol

Ok I saw the pictures and yes, it is identical to a majano anemone... I read this is not a good anemone to have on the reef right?? It is attached to a frag I got so I will probably take the frag out completely to avoid any future propagation..

I was exited with the idea it was a plate coral jeje

Awww Sasquatch.........you're just mad that I saw horses instead of zebra's when I heard hoof beats. LOLOL! Sure hope it is a plate coral. I've never seen one that tiny and it would be cool to see it's growth chronicled here at RS. :)

damn I just googled how to type out a horse neighing... can't haha

ErnestoC

if you can put it somewhere it can't spread that would be nice to wait and see, if it splits quickly, burn it lol

I do not have a place where it could not spread, I will have to remove it :(

Well, thank you guys! Because of you I prevented a future infestation :)

ErnestoC

Hi Guys, just want to thank you for your help with that majano anemone, my tank is free from them :)

I found something else in my tank tonight.. it is not a small thing it is bigger than a dwarf snail (1/3 inch) and moves on the glass and swims really fast! Can you help me identifying it? Thanks!

ernestoc-albums-lost-found-picture20662-what-2.jpg

ErnestoC

Its a pod (good thing) ernesto is having fun now, lol

Mojo

Hi Mojo! Thanks for your reply.. so this pod is safe to be in my aquarium? I read about isopods and they do not seem friendly... I am worried.

yeah but majano's are anem's! Ive never had one or seen one at my local shops, if they had them Id do a tank just for fun

Hi sasquatch, thank you for your reply.. the majano is out of my tank, I moved it before any infestation. Yes it came attached to some polyp stone that I purchased on my LFS