Help identify please.

nickwcraven

Tank is right months old red sea max c 130 had this white bubble type buildup spreading on rocks and back glass and corners any ideas what it is?
21df969974dbedb39c4decdd45a8cefa.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hi Nick :wave:
:welcomera WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:

Hard to tell from the picture what it going on with your tank.
Did your tank cycle through the new tank green & brown algae phases?
Might help to post a full tank shot & your water parameter test numbers.
Are you running this RSM 130C stock or with modifications?
Is the bubble type build up easy to siphon off or stuck like a growth on the LR?
Just can't tell from the picture, need more detail here.

nickwcraven

Tank was set up using marco rock and arag alive figi pink sand. Parameters are all solid. Sorry about the picture. The top left corner rock there you csn see the issue best. The are like white balls of buildup or something. They will syphon off easily. I use red sea coral pro salt mix. Waterchange atleast every 2 weeks 5 gallon. I just changed my ro di filters as im really confused and thought maybe my tds levels are high or something like that.

nickwcraven

Also running purigen and chemipure as well as polyfill in the media rack. Recently added a tunze 6040 to increase flow as the tank has strugled with cyano.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Perhaps a picture of this stuff closer up on the back glass corner would :help: get you an ID on it.
I've never heard of (or seen any) nuscience algae being white so maybe it's a type of fungus :dunno:
I am not sure what to tell you, some of the other members may have better ideas.
If it's not affecting or caused by your water parameters, maybe it will just run it's course & be gone.
Your TDS should read zero coming out of your RO-Di system.
Are you still dealing with cyanobacteria?