Help choosing coral for stong flow

Shazbah

Hi all
I have a red sea max 130 and at the bottom left corner i have a big space. My problem is that the flow there is really strong and nothing that i have put in that spot likes it. So my question is can someone recommend a coral that i could put at the bottom that like strong water flow
Thanks Sharon

Hi all
I have a red sea max 130 and at the bottom left corner i have a big space. My problem is that the flow there is really strong and nothing that i have put in that spot likes it. So my question is can someone recommend a coral that i could put at the bottom that like strong water flow
Thanks Sharon

If it has strong lighting... SPS, or chalice.

You need this: lol

acro_006.jpg

Shazbah

Ok sorry i see it now.:eek: Yes you're right i can't put any sps on the bottom because i dont have strong enough lighting. Any other suggestions???

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Sharon - what corals have you tried in that corner that don't like high flow? Can you not adjust the flow a bit away from that corner?

Shazbah

Reefmack. I tried hard to get a good flow along the bottom of the tank to help remove any detrius on the sand. Now i dont want the flow there i can't seem to adjust it. I have a duncan just round the corner and it looks to me like he is getting blown to bits but it doesn't seem to mind as i have noticed new heads growing. Perhaps i'm over reacting and the flow is okay so i have enclosed a pick to see what you think.
Thanks Sharon

Attachments

• DSCF2149 [640x480] [320x200].JPG
    DSCF2149 [640x480] [320x200].JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 35

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
It does look like a bit too much flow. If it's grown new heads since putting it there it must be OK.

Shazbah

I have 2 pumps and a tunze 6025. The first nozzle is facing up to the surface of the water, the second has a hydor reflector on it and the tunze is in the right corner aiming to the left of tank. I was told to always keep one flow aiming to the surface. Is that correct???
Thanks Sharon

funkpolice

I've found duncans to do well in a lot of current as well. dendrophyllia does good, or tubastrea. Most sps, but if your lights aren't that strong, then you k, now that won't be a good solution. how about a monitpora digiata? I would consider that to be a moderate light sps, or a poccilapora? Some zoas do good with stong flow. I have a neon green toadstool that gets whipped around pretty good and seems to be fine.

Shazbah

Thanks Guys
i'm gonna try to adjust the flow as i have lots of corals on the right side of sand bed but nothing on the left. I expect i'll end up upsetting all the other corals though:banghead:
Sharon