Hello from Wyoming

DesertOrchid

Hello Everyone!

Here on the high plains desert of Wyoming there isn't much interest in reefs or fish unless it is on the table for dinner.. aka the elusive trout so I thought I'd try out this forum to chat with other reefers. I've been keeping fish for over 34 years, started out with a few damsels and an electrifying experience. Currently upgraded from a 70 gal reef to a 125 , a 12 gal nano, a 12 gal fowlr and a large inside pond for my koi friends to winter in. Lots of water for a desert dweller. :) Local fish store is 250 miles away in Colorado so I am real familiar with mail order fish and long road trips just to visit with some other fishy people. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you and hearing about your pieces of the ocean. Thanks for all the great advice I've already seen posted.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

DesertOrchid

Welcome to RS.Any seahorses(ha ha) coudn't refuse.Happy to have you.

I have some real horses and they drink water... does that count :smack: Someday I'd like to try seahorses... almost bought a zeroedge aquarium to try them and then thought of my cats going fishing for sea horses since it is open topped, flows over the edge ,nice and shallow. Maybe next year... still spending this years heating budget on corals etc for the new 125. :snrkl:

Uslanja

Hi DesertOrchid! Welcome to Reef Sanctuary! Saw your comment about horses scrolling by and that caught our attention! Glad to have you aboard!

DesertOrchid

Hi DesertOrchid! Welcome to Reef Sanctuary! Saw your comment about horses scrolling by and that caught our attention! Glad to have you aboard!

Thanks!! Sure enjoy this site and all the helpful info. No matter how long you've been a saltie there is always something new to learn. I start out my mornings by feeding the fish and then feeding my hobby interest by reading this forum. Do you keep seahorses by chance?

First SW system 1978.......makes me ancient. :ofr: