Hello from Ohio

ohiojeff

Hi, just joined and wanted to introduce myself. I have a 75dt w/ a 100 gal sump built out of a water trough in the basement. It has been set up for about a year and a half. I have had very mixed results, but think things have turned around recently. My hammer has four new heads growing. one of my ricordia split. my fish are all doing well. I just added a few new softies and one came in and I don't think it is going to make it. we'll see.

anyway, I run 8 T5's w/ati bulbs. I use four actinics, a pair of deep purples, and a pair of daylight bulbs. i run four small jbj power heads with a wavemaker. i have a 7500gph return pump, but it drops to about 1500gph by the time it pumps upstairs from the basement. i use a thin sandbed, a barebottom sump, a dual reactor with gfo and carbon. i run a 36w uv, an 8" octopus skimmer, 1/4hp chiller, heaters on a jbj controller. i use an aqualifter pump and an ato w/ a 5 gal resivor. i run kalk in the ato. it has been a journey, but i think things are going okay now as a whole.

for livestock i have a hammer, some mushrooms, some polyps, some ricordia. i have a toadstool, a couple of colts, and other leathers. there is a gorgonian and a long tentical anemone. i have a purple tang, a atlantic blue tang, a coral beauty, six chromix, four anthias, a cleaner wrasse, a yellow watchman gobie, and a stary blenny. i have a brown blotch snail for 2years, a brittle star, a sally lightfoot, a peppermint shrimp, a fighting conch, various hermits and snails.

anyhow, i guess that is about it. hope to get to know you all.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)