green slime on glass

blades326

I am looking for some advise, I have a 125 g tank that has been running for almost 4 months. I am having issues with a green slime that is forming on the front glass everyday no matter what i do. my levels are 8.2 ph, nitrates right around 0 and phosphates are also 0. i dont know what is causing the slime any advise would be greatly appreciated.

essmaker

PREMIUM
How long are you running your lights per day?

I'm not one of the experts around here, so I can't offer much help.

The main times I ever had algae issues is when I had might lights on to long or didn't have good water flow in the tank.

blades326

i will try to get a picture up here. is it possible to have high nutrient levels even though my nitrates and phosphates are at 0

I've read, many times over, "need help with algae problem. nitrates, phosphates 0." Could be:

a. The algae are feeding on the trace amount of nitrate and or phosphate that the test can't read.

b. one of the tests isn't telling the truth.

c. if it's cyano, it's part of the algae cycle that your tank hadn't gotten through yet and, in time, film algae will get established enough to outcompete it.

Once you have film algae, think of it as tank food and scraping it as exercise. :)

blades326

ive tried to cut down the sunlight in the room and it seems to be getting better.... staresatrocks thank you for the input I was told that was possible the case from someone else and you seem to have confirmed it thank you.