Good bye Lake Malawi

Chris3859

It is so sad to me, and uplifting at the same time, that I feel I should share this with anyone who cares to listen. After nearly 15 years of keep, breeding and hand feeding Lake Malawi African Cichlids, it comes to my attention that I have an addiction to SW tanks. As of tomorrow, my 40 tall Oceanic disply tank will come down and my beautiful A.C.'s will be sold.

I dug out an old 20L tank that will be converted to a sump. The tank will be taken to a reef only LFS in my city to be drilled and a custom wide stand and canopy will be built. VHO/MH retro kits will be installed in the canopy, and the sump will be hard plumbed underneath the stand. I have been buying some used top of the line equipment and cleaning it all up.

While I am saddened and excited at the same time, I am going to miss these fish that I have come to adore. I never will forget the first cobalt that my stepdad bought me on my birthday in '93, seeding my love for these fish.

Well, enough sappiness and on with the tank tear down :chainsaw:

I will be taking photos and will create a thread to document this build. It's gonna be cool y'all. Getcha pop corn ready (I stole this quote from Terrell Owens...LOL)!

-Chris

Whiskey

Just some guy, you know?
I agree,.. Your in good company here,.. Just about a half year ago my 2 year old 180G Freshwater planted tank came down to make it salt water,.. the only FW tank I have now is a little 25G tall :( :)

Whiskey

Chris3859

I am really going to miss my AC's. I didn't think it was going to be this hard. I have been sitting there looking at the tank all morning...LOL

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I tore down my 14 year old freshwater tank to become a full time reefer. I have not regretted it one bit!

Chris3859

Do you people have any remorse...LOL!! I'm just kidding. I actually have the siphon tube just kinda sitting in there and the fish are in buckets.