Goby making a mess of tank!

hey guys,
Recently I just added a pair of gobys to my tank. Every since i added them they would clean the sand and stuff and sand and debris would float around the tank it would make it pretty cloudy. Im starting to get frustrated because all this stuff is all over my rocks and on the power heads even my algae on glass has this stuff on it. my corals and clam get stuff on it too not a lot they clean it off themselves somehow. so a couple day of this my fish seem to be acting funny like my fox face was on bottom of tank leaning on glass and then would swim and stuff. so i did a WC and i cleaned out my filter my filter was covered with this stuff it was gross i cleaned hole thing with tank water and put a new phosphate remover in one of the cartridges. and my tank from the WC became clean like a little of the stuff floated around but not that much so i cleaned the rocks and stuff everyday since i got my goby i been using my turkey baster to clean the rocks.

like my question is like because my filter got clogged with this stuff it seemed to affect my fish so like will this stuff stop it seems to becoming less and less it's just i feel like i should keep cleaning my filter every few days so it doesn't stop the filtration. and is it ok to clean the rock and stuff with my turkey baster or should i leave it alone.

BLADEYAMAHA

Power filter or canister filter is a bad idea with Engineer Gobies and the like. I had an Engineer Goby and it screwed my canister filter's impeller beyond recognition with sand.

degibson84

Might be detritus, which it is good its getting out of your tank. :)
If this is the case it makes for easy manual removal. I run a canister with nothing in it but GFO and Carbon. Just took the carbon out last night though since my Koran started getting HLLE

degibson84

yea thats what i figured. and is it good to clean you LR with with a turkey baster
I brush my lightly with a toothbrush the day before WC and let the skimmer and filter pull out that stuff. during water change i pull the canister apart and clean it all out then put clean water back in complete WC and hook it back up