Glassblower looking for trades

That feeder is awesome....would you trade a leather for one of those?

I have some umbrellas and a toadstool!

PM me if you're interested!

1Reefer

Ok, so if your thinking about trading with GlassMunky... DO IT!!!! He does amazing work! And was a pleasure to deal with.. thanks again Munky!

bbe22

Heya GlassMunky, I think your glass is beautiful. I've been trying to find someone to blow me a custom co2 diffuser for my freshwater set-up. Basically, it would need to be hooked to flexible gas tubing and have tiny holes to inject pressurized carbon dioxide into the water. The ones on the market usually have a "saxaphone" shape. If this is something you could do, I'd love to work something out. I can be reached at bbe22 @live.com. Thanks!

Space added to email address to avoid spam (RS Staff)

GlassMunky

So I made a new little device that i thought some people may find usefull. I recently got a st. thomas ric from a trade, aand during shipping it decided to un-attach to from its rock. i left it in my lowest flow spot in my tank to attach to some rubble i put there, but it still would get caught it the fllow and move around. So i made this. its a dome aout 4-5" across and about 2-3" high with 5 holes, 4 on the sides and one on top, to let water flow through. its been over the ric for a little less than a week now and i think it's working. =) i'm thinking this could also e used to feed some LPS.

DSC00696.jpg
DSC00694.jpg

cindyp

wow munky I'm thinking sun coral feeder? maybe make it so it has a whole in the top where I can stick my glass feeder you made me in the whole and release the food. I suppose the other wholes would need to be small so the fish could not get in to steal the food yet big enough for some flow?
what do you think? can something like that be made? my fish are always stealing the suns food and I have already tried 2 liter bottles and everything else I could think of...

GlassMunky

That be probably be done. this one does have a hole on the top, but i'm not sure if it would fit your feeder. we'de have to measure it, but i'm sure that could happen. these holes are about 4-6mm i'm guessing

Dude, very nice pieces! Did you apprentice under someone or go to school? I know a few glass blowers, haven't seen them produce work like that though.

GlassMunky

Dude, very nice pieces! Did you apprentice under someone or go to school? I know a few glass blowers, haven't seen them produce work like that though.
Thank you. and to answer your question, both. I apprenticed under someone for 2 years doing the whole art thing, then went to school for Scientific glassblowing (making things like condensors and reactors and extraters, distillation units, etc). After finding out theres no longer any jobs in that field thanks to exporting all the work to china and india went back to doing the art thing, but now on my own.

Do you have a site where you sell this stuff?
Not exactly..... I have my work up online, on some gallery sites, and facebook(lots of sales actually), and places like this one for people to see my work and if they are interested they can contact me. I also sell to stores up and down the east coast.

Has anyone heard from GlassMunky?
I had him make me a feeding tube as a sample to show my reef club what kind of work he did.
Tube was fantastic and I had a lot of interest from others in the club to put together a good size order.
I then tried to contact him several times but never received any reply.

SASSYRECK

HI
I have a whole room of equipment and can frag you all most anything you might want just let me know what you are looking for i probably have it
I am looking for dragonfly glass work

DEO glass

munky is a good buddy of mine, very talented indeed..... he has actually been out on the road if i remember correct,traveling to a couple of glass trade shows, so those of you who havnt herd from him should be hearing from him shortly...... not to "steal" buis, but i am also a glassblower and if anyone cant get in touch with munky, u can always feel free to ask me for anything glass...(or if you on LI u can contact me and stop by)

GlassMunky

Indeed. I have been on the road for almost a month now with trade shows and business trips and have barely been home for more than a day or 2 at a time. And truth be told, I'm still SWAMPED with orders (like thats a bad thing lol) I'm gonna say that for most things wanted made on this site, (other than say maybe a media reactor or such) can be made DEO and probably alot quicker than by me cause of the orders.

munky is a good buddy of mine, very talented indeed..... he has actually been out on the road if i remember correct,traveling to a couple of glass trade shows, so those of you who havnt herd from him should be hearing from him shortly...... not to "steal" buis, but i am also a glassblower and if anyone cant get in touch with munky, u can always feel free to ask me for anything glass...(or if you on LI u can contact me and stop by)
PM sent DEO