Gbta vs peppermint

modulok

I just watched my peppermint poke a hole in my anemone. After he poked him he tore out something. I quick got him away, but the nem looks hurt.

Well this kill him?
4357279e-fcca-be4a.jpg

modulok

Ok looking a little better now.
4357279e-fe72-9c06.jpg

But I just had to use the tongs again to get peppermint from enjoying another piece. I tried to catch him, but he's lighting quick.

modulok

Anemone doesn't see the same as he was before I saw the Peppermint attack him. The clownfish isn't sleeping in the 'nem anymore, mostly because the 'nem has not been as open as he was before. I don't know what happens during the day time when all of my lights are on.

What could be wrong with him? Is he just healing his wounds?

soco

Idk about bta nut peppermints eat aiptasia so it might me trying to eat your nem

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
You might want to try trapping your peppermint. They are usually safe but occasionally you can get a deranged one. I would get him out an throw him in the sump. You're nem will likely come back, just keep an eye on him.

modulok

Yeah, my Peppermint did destroy my Nickel sized Aiptasia and it's babies. He has served his purpose and I do need to get him in the sump. But then he would kill my pod population, right?

The nem is kinda pissing me off, along with my clownfish. For the last week he has gone back to 'hosting' my eagle eye zoas, sleeping in them at night. Last night I watched the clown go up to the nem and once he touched the tips the nem started to retract them. The clown persisted until all of the tentacles were neatly tucked inside the nem bubble.

I'm thinking the nem is being overly cautious of a predator, and closing up even though the clown is only looking for a blanket for the night time. Could I be right? Will the nem ever accept the clown again?

modulok

GBTA is looking normal now, except he still is retracting anytime something touches him, even the sad little Pink Skunk Clown.