Garetjax65 JBJ 28 gal chronicle

OK here a few new pic's with the hermits and snails. Also the Zoa.

IMAG0386.jpg

The hermits and snails first in.

The zoa just put in.
IMAG0388.jpg

IMAG0422.jpg

The zoa opening up after 30 mins.

IMAG0436.jpg

Zoa fully open 3 hrs later

Couple of the tank.
IMAG0434.jpg

IMAG0426.jpg

IMAG0407.jpg

Boy are they going to town cleaning. Next week more corals coming.

Garetjax

Well the CUC are doing there work. About 3/4 the brown is gone. Ordered some corals today from Foster & Smith. They should be here on wednsday. Can't wait to see them in the tank. Going to get them settled in for about 3-4 before i decide what fish to get. Will post pic's when there in.

Garetjax

Got new corals in the tanks today.

IMAG0477.jpg

Trumpet Coral. Already showing its feeding arms. Looks like eyelashes.

IMAG0471.jpg

Mushroom Rock Rhodactis

IMAG0482.jpg

Orange Guttatus Birdsnest Coral. Polyps aready out.

IMAG0469.jpg

Devils Armor and Green Tea Cups Colony Polyp Rock Zoanthus IM
Already starting to open up.

Also got 2 - Electric Orange Hermit Crab
2- - Electric Blue Hermit Crab (Indonesia) Also got to watch one of these swap out its shell today too.

Garetjax

A few new updated photos of the corals now that they have settled in.

IMAG0553-2.jpg

IMAG0552-2.jpg

IMAG0516.jpg

IMAG0601.jpg

Love the Trumpet Coral, Watching it feeding.

Garetjax

Just the standard lights in the jbj quad. All the corals are doing great and even the birdnest is doing great. Very active. The trumpet coral is even eating mytis shrimp.

Garetjax

corrado007

Good looking stuff, I like the choices you've made. That's a cool leather.
Hard to tell from the pics but the tentacles on the trumpet look like barnacle fans. I used to have a trumpet and it's tentacles looked quite different. Pretty cool either way. It's really coming along, fun to watch.

QuentinB

Wow, I thought SPS were out of the question with the quad model, but I may have to try it someday! That's great!

Yea all the corals doing good with the quad lights. Even the birdnest is doing real good. I'll post another good pic of it when i get a chance. The trumpet coral loves mysis shrimp. Fun watching him eat it.

Garetjax

Well went to the LFS to get water and pick up a brittle start and banded shrimp. Was looking at the corals there and saw a torch coral. Asked him about it and he said i could have it for $10.00 since it had a bad head on it. The rest of the heads looked good so i took a chance and got it. Here a few pic's, let me know if its was worth the $10.00.

IMAG0795.jpg

IMAG0797.jpg

IMAG0816.jpg

IMAG0740.jpg

The one pick with the bad head.

Garetjax

A few new pic's of the other corals doing good.

IMAG0811.jpg

IMAG0743.jpg

The Birdsnest

IMAG0802.jpg

IMAG0741.jpg

The leather.

IMAG0810.jpg

Zoa's and Buttercups

IMAG0550-2.jpg

Trumpet Coral.

Garetjax

QuentinB

wow, that's all looking nice. And personally, I think $10 is well worth the chance, especially with all the other heads looking so well...

Well i got a Pistol shrimp for the Gobie today. He went right into the hole the gobie was in and started to make it bigger for both them. I also got a Feather Duster too.
this is the pic's of the Feather and when i can will try and get a pic of the shrimp and gobie together.

IMAG0947.jpg

IMAG0956.jpg

IMAG0964.jpg

Garetjax

I got a video of the Gobie and Pistol shrimp. Looks like they moved into a new cave near the middle of the tank so i was able to get some video of them. Its not the best but all i can get for now.

Garetjax

Update on the tank. All is doing great. Looks like i have snail eggs all over the side and back of the tank. Don't think i'll be able to get a good photo because there so small. Looked at them with a 4x magnifying glass. White spots with a yellow inside. Would be cool if they hatch.
Looking at either a frogspawn or hammer coral for my next purchase, but not sure what one to go with.

Garetjax

New pic of the tank and the frogspawn. I traded out my mushroom rock for the frogspawn. Also got a green clove rock and a free frag too.

IMAG1211.jpg

IMAG1192.jpg

IMAG1173.jpg

IMAG1167.jpg

Garetjax