Galaxy coral should i buy?

Anyone have any experience with galaxy corals. I found a good looking one at my LFS and dont know much about them except its a stony polyp. Are they hard to take care of compared to LPS? Do they have a record of bad existence in captivity? are they hearty?

I have one that is being difficult right now, but normally I don't think they are too hard. Just remember to give them plenty of room because the sweeper tentacles can reach 6 to 8 inches, even on a smaller specimen

Iam ging to do it. I just fear that me moving alot in the next couple of months may take a toll on it. It has great coloring no form of receeding or brown jelly and is almost to cool looking to pass up. I guess i will see what kind of deal i can get.

crustman

They are great. Mine has florescent green tips. I like watching the sweepers and the polyps in the current. Every now and then the colony will produce an extra wide sweeper with a bifid tip.
DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

that is a cool galaxea. Yours looks really healthy. I decided not to get it because i will be moving about 13 hours away and dont want to kill it in the move. Iam worried about moving all my stony polyp coral because they dont seem to be as hearty as the soft corals i will be moving.

Less stoney's better for the move and better for the coral.

BigJay

besides the fact they can have massive sweepers and wipe out a fairly large tank. Do research.

BigRed

As everyone has noted, they will send out some long sweeper tentacles. Make sure to give it plenty of room.

motortrendz

ive had one in my tank for abt 5 months and its awsome no problems no issues and it looks great.well good luck with the move and when u reset go for it

thanks dude. I am holding off til after the move then i will look around and see if i can find one that i like. I just feel i may be kicking myself later for not getting it. This one had some great coloring

motortrendz

a guy i met thru ebay has a store in st louis and has amazing prices, shipps everywhere and the pieces are big bright and better than any of the lfs. he is great with comunication and getting exactly what you want! im not trying to promote anything but hes a hidden jewel and is rare in this industry, if ur interested send me an email ill hook you up!