Full moon tonight...whose got pics?

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Well, I took my first moon pics tonight, really made me yern for a teleconverter, LOL. Anyway, here is mine, let's see yours :D

DSCF0790.jpg

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Alright, here's mine - not very good quality, as I don't know how to take night pics yet. I took this while taking a break from leaking plumbing:

ReefLady

Staff member
LOL, gonna have to wrangle it from her I think. Her 75-300 broke, I loaned her my Sigma 70-300 over xmas and haven't heard a thing about it. And she'd have to overnight it to me. :)

S'ok, I hated that lens anyway. She gets great results with it on her D60, nothing but muddy on my 10D. Don't ask me why.

reefrunner

Contributing Member
Hey Nikki, to give you an idea on where to start playing with the setings to get the detail of the moon...

My pic was shot @ f/5.6 1/320 sec.

So Travis, did your mom instill the passion for photography in you...or did you get her going with it?

reefrunner

Contributing Member
I enjoyed looking at your mothers images very much!! There were a few that I would like to purchase in a few weeks, when the wife loosens the purse strings a bit, LOL. Any discounts for wannabe photogs?

ReefLady

Staff member
I definitely took the matted print formula from her. Same materials, process.

Kev, I dunno about discounts but I'll check. :)

reefrunner

Contributing Member
LOL, I was only joking about the discounts, her images , like yours, are worth the price tag she puts on them, the rates seemed very reasonable to me ;)

wildcat

Here's a hint for a full moon:

Use a starting exposure of F16 @ shutter speed 1/ISO Speed where ISO is the spped of your film.
Surprisingly, it will be close. The moon is much brighter than you think and meters are useless in this case.

sorcerer

Court Computer Wiz
This one is from a couple years ago, haven't had good enough viewing weather here in awhile.

drdrew

i just had a great thought about taking a picture of a "moon" tonight and posting it here tomorrow.....but then my conscience got the best of me and i decided against it.

sorcerer

Court Computer Wiz
Kevin,
The images were captured on September 23rd, 2002 using a Meade 10" LX200GPS with a SAC7b CCD camera and a Meade focal reducer. I haven't had a chance recently to get setup and use the scope, but I hope to soon.

Somewhere at the house I have the locations on the shots and I'll post that when I can find it again.