fuge set up

One last post for the night. I have an extra 60 gallon tank and stand that i can t sell so im going to set it next to my dt and do a display fuge in it. My plans are to drill side glass twice and drain my display tank into fuge then to my sump as the 60 gallon sits a little lower then my 90 dt. Any pointers or other ideas how i can set this up. Only issues im thinking are that my 90 gallon is acrylic and running and built in and drain is ar bottom. So should i leave that drain and run another drain to sump and add a return pump? Lol i just need some other opinions to help my brain function at 1am when i leave for work in two hours.

If i drill both holes in fuge tank at same level but in different places it should drain as much as it takes in correct? Ive been debating doing sea horses in fuge so wanna keep flow on tje lower sode correct

Danreef

Years ago I had a refugium like you, beside the DT. I placed it at the same level of the DT and connected both with overflow U tubes (2 U tubes). I had a return pump from the refugium to the DT (draining in the opposite side). The water was going from the refugium to the DT and again to the refugium by means of the U tubes. I added a restrainer to avoid snails and whatever block the U tubes.

Used for 4 years and then I sold the house

Daniel