FS - Used RSM 250 Boston area

Used Red Sea Max 250 $1200 Firm

Pick up in Lynn, MA

All OEM Equipment included. Tank, Stand, OEM Hood with Lights.

Product Features
234W T5 linear (1 watt/ litre)
117W 10,000K/117W Actinic
Electronic Ballast
High polish textured aluminum reflector
8 Blue LED moonlights

Product Dimensions: 48 x 40 x 40 inches ; 337 pounds

Product Description
Red Sea Max 250 - The Complete 65 Gallon Coral Reef SystemThe MAX 250 has been designed as a highly specified complete 250 liter coral reef aquarium system. Each component has been specifically designed to work as part of the total system, guaranteeing compatibility and performance suited to maintaining even the most delicate stony (sps) corals. The following key elements differentiate the Max Coral Reef System from other marine aquariums: ?Reef Spec? Lighting, Filtration, Skimming and Circulation: Extensive research and development carried out in our laboratories clearly shows that in order to sustain delicate hard corals such as SPS species, it is essential to meet certain criteria. This is especially true when we remember that many Max aquariums may be purchased by less experienced hobbyists. Protein Skimming, Filtration & Circulation: Delivering reef spec performance of 3x per hour aquarium volume circulation, and more than a 3:1 water to air ratio, the Turbo injected protein skimmer now has a foam adjustment feature which makes it even easier to use over a wide range of water conditions. The filtration system has been improved to ensure less water flow restrictions. A full sized, adjustable surface skimmer pulls water from the top of the aquarium where most waste collects. This upgrade reduces maintenance and aids water flow through the filter, making air bubble release far less prevalent. New biological media, improved media bags and an upgraded foam filter ensures water flows more freely through the entire filter chamber. The 250 includes a fittings accessory kit which makes it simple to add a chiller, external filter etc. Lighting: Reef Spec lighting of 4watts per gallon is controlled by a high quality timer and consists of 6 39w T5 Linear Power Compact lamps giving 234 watts output. An additional fan is now included in order to aid cooling during hot periods.

Attachments

• 51Q2Ikr5VrL__SS500_.jpg
    51Q2Ikr5VrL__SS500_.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 81
Why are you selling??? what shape is the tank in?? how long has it been set-up??? I live about 45 minutes from you and may be interested.

Why are you selling??? what shape is the tank in?? how long has it been set-up??? I live about 45 minutes from you and may be interested.

Sorry it took so long for me to respond.

The tank was first set up in March 2009. The only mod that I did was to the left top inside so I could mount my overflow. With the stock hood on, you would never notice it! Some people don't even notice it with the hood off until I point it out!

The stock hood was only used for about 3 months before I upgraded my lights. Tank is in near mint condition.

The reason I'm selling is because we are expecting our first baby and now it's time to make some room! There is nothing at all wrong with the tank, and most of the add-on equipment that I have is also for sale.

Please PM me with your contact information.

Jon

PS. Thank you all for your kind words about my tank!!!

DSCF1470.jpg

DSCF1370.jpg