Friend or Foe?

anheezy

10 days in my cycle and saw these starting to pop up. Can someone help with id? should i be worried? Sorry for the bad quality, took it with my iphone zoomed.

coraloralgae.jpg

anheezy

Nice! Those things are pretty hardy then since its still alive going throug the cycling process. i was hoping it wasn't aiptasia or the cousin of that. I got another weird worm like thing i need help IDing as well. It looks like their is a trail of it all over the rock it's popping out from as well, kinda like veins.

worm.jpg

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
Not sure what I'm looking at but I think I see a little feather duster. The more you look the more life you will find, enjoy.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I see brown palys. Ugly yes. Damaging? No.

....... I'm Matt n im a reefaholic.

Oxylebius

Your picture of the white worm is too blurry to be able to ID, if that is what you are talking about. Spaghetti worms have long white feeding tentacles that they extend out of rocks, google it to see if that is what this is.

anheezy

Thanks oxy, yea i looked up some of the possible hitchhikers and i don't know if its a spionid worm or spaghetti or hair worm. Shouldn't be bad though im guessing. I also realized i have some aiptasia from the live rocks. Since my tank is 14 days into cycling with ammonia and nitrite not registering and nitrate at 25ppm, is it ok to pick up some peppermint shrimps if i just did a 10% water change? I also added some cpe as well.