Free Mantis Shrimp

braeburn

This cute little stomatopod came along for the ride in my FL gulf live rock. It is approximately 3 centimetres long and green in colour.

I have it in a little fish separator box with a piece of live rock and some sand.

I am in the Jacksonville / Orange Park FL area and would happily welcome local pickups. Also happy to ship too, but not sure what the most economical way to ship would be or also the best method.

I cannot bring myself to kill the poor thing, as it is not its fault and I am sure the rock was its home wayyyy before I bought it :) I do not want to give it to the LFS as I am afraid they will kill it or cut it up and use it for food or something...lol. I am also not sure if this is something that anyone would WANT... I can say for sure if I did not plan on having certain other things in my tank that I would love to keep it, so I will give this a whirl. :thumbup:

1Reefer

I would love to have him, but I live in Washington state. Let me know if you really wana ship him lol.

1Reefer

I kinda have a soft spot for these guys, and I respect that you didn't just kill him! Way to go Braeburn!

braeburn

I would love to set up a tank for one, but it is not in the cards right now.

Besides, I am sure there is more than 1 in this tank, so perhaps later on... :)

1Reefer, I have sent you a message.

You could always google to see if there is a reef club in your area. I am in Atlanta and I gave my mantis hitch hiker away on atlantareefclub.com. But look to see if your area has a club like that you might have better luck.

1Reefer

I'm not the OP, but I do know this Mantis is no longer available..... its in my tank lol. Thanks again Braeburn!