Fluconzanole Treatment

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Has anyone used this for bryopsis? I’ve done it a few times and looking to have a convo about the how and why’s……..seems to work pretty good.

I use the reef flux stuff

DaveK

I have never used Fluconzanole to treat bryopsis. Closest thing I have done is using Erythromycin for red slime algae. I don't doubt that Fluconzanole works. I'd say the big issue with any medication in a reef system is that it can effect livestock and such that you want. So be careful about what else you have in the system. As usual, with any algae control med, you also have to fix the underlying issue, or else you replace one unwanted algae with another species of unwanted algae.

I'm sure that I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

As for my own system, due to some outside issues, it's become a giant algae farm. I hope to be able to get to work on correcting this soon. With some luck, I should be able to create a new thread that will demonstrate how to clean such a mess up.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Thanks for the post Dave. I use Fluconzanole about once a year as I have a patch of bryopsis that always seems to “slowly” come back. I don’t have other algae challenges and so far the results have been pretty good.

I treat about 170g of water and let it run the full 14 days with the skimmer and carbon off. I seem to notice a bit of water discoloration towards the end but it clears up once the carbon and skimmer go back on.

Good to start slow to monitor things and I always manually remove what I can before I start.