Flatworms!!!!

I solved my flatworm problem with flatworm exit from Salifert. This are some of my infected mushrooms and ricordeas

There are some important steps to take:

1. remove as many flatworms as posible with a siphon filtering the water if using the sump

2. Use double of the dose that the manufacturer recommend. This is very important to eliminate the worms the first time. If you need a second treatment they will develop some kind of resistance to the chemical.

After the FWE is added you need to continue removing worms from the water. They will get out of the rock. Watch the skimmer!

3. After the recommended time start to filter with carbon. I used a Hot Magnum filter. I also used a polyfilter in the sump.

4. Perform a large water change. I did a 25% change.

You will have a lot of fun watching the worms twisting in the water.

All my fish (8) and corales survived the treatment very well. I did this treatment in August 2008 and as of today I have not seen a single flatworm.

Wow, thanks for the detailed step by step process! I actually don't have a sump, so I am going to have to have a bunch of water on-hand to keep adding to the tank as I continue syphoning water out.

On a second note....think you can park with a couple shrooms luisgo! I really like how your tank looks with all those blue/green shrooms just everywhere! Looks really cool.

I have also decided that Luis's tank is amazing! I love your write up for TOTM!!! That is very interesting. I also have a mainly softies tank and I only have a two SPS specimens. A Birds nest that is about the size of a softball and a Red Montipora. Everything else is soft. I wish my tank thrived like yours does. I am going to switch my MH bulb back to the 10,000k. I also noticed a ton of growth that the 10k, than with the 14k that I have in there now.