Flame Angels die

I have had two Flame angles die in the last couple of years. No other fish or critter have die accept a giant clam. Both of the fish disappeared so I didn't see any evidence of a problem. I would like to add another flame angel but not if it doesn't do well. Any ideas?

Tim

David Shaw

I have had a Flame for several years. I feed mine mysis, flake and various other foods on rotation and they eat anything and everything i put into the tank.

Steve L

I've lost a couple, but I currently have one that's been in my tank for 8 months. Seems like once you get past that 3rd month, their odds of survival in your tank goes up. They absolutely hate being moved and seem to always get something right after a change.

DaveK

FIrst off, how large is your tank, and what other livestock do you have?

You may have somethinng that just doesn't go with a flame angel.

LSUFireGal

I have lost 2. I am wondering if I didn't have a light infection of flukes in my angel population and they bigger ones could handle it, but the flames couldn't. I treated the tank with Prazi just to be sure.

It is a 100 gal with refug, protein skimmer and UV. All parameters are great accept PH stays a little low. The other inheritance included (added new since) yellow tang, mandarin goby, 2 cleaner scrimp, some other gray tang and a royal gramma

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
:( sorry to hear they don't seem to be the most hardy fish, I have never had one (they are very pretty) but have read lots of post on RS of members that have lost them

good advise from all ^ maybe others that have had success with them can add more...