Fish that show off

austinl01

I think it would be a good idea to start a list of our favorite fish that like to show off and stay out in the open most of the time. I had a bad experience with a six line wrasse--he hid when I introduced him in the tank and then somehow died never to be seen again. So, what are some great fish that like to display themselves in the tank?

I think clown fish must be on the top of the list. My flametail blenny doesn't hide much at all like they are 'supposed to do'. He's always out showing off and looking out of holes in my live rock. Mine has a great personality.

1Reefer

I have noticed blennys do have GREAT personalitys, mine even eats out of my hand. If I have friends over he is so careful when It comes to showing himself, but if I'm the only one watching he's right in front of me, where ever I mocve to veiw the tank from, he follows lol. I have found wrasse's to have a lot of personanlity also. Maybe you just ha d bad luck with your six line. I love my wrasse's. I have a yellow coris (bali coloration) and a leapord wrasse. They are both awesome! But I love wrasse's lol.

Mcvivor

ANTHIAS!!! I have 5 pink anthias, and 3 tiger anthias. They are my favs! They follow my around the tank, and it is so funny when they go into their little ball of a school and turn their heads sideways to watch what is going on outside of the tank!!

kburg

My Dottyback Splendins thinks he is a shark he comes out when I come in the room with the food and goes along the top like a shark and then acts like he is killing his prey...coolest fish

I love CLOWNS! but Blennys are very active. My LFS has a bicolor in one of his tanks and its always up and in your face when you are browsing the corals.

michael_cb_125

I have kept MANY fish and I can say that my A. arcuatus (Bandit Angels) are by far the most personable. I cant take pictures of anything else in the tank due to the fact that these little fish will not get out of the way.

~Michael

deehz

McCoskers Flasher Wrasse for sure. I love this guy! Every time I go near the tank, just like the name says, "he flashes". He is a show off! LOL!

reeferman

Fuzzy Dwarf Lion Fish!he loves to spread out!
reef007-3.jpg