Fish that should NOT be kept in your aquarium.

Paul B

That is freeking amazing. I love those things, it is what makes this hobby so worthwile.
So an orange spotted filefish went from impossable to almost impossable.
Thanks for the read it was great
Paul

mpedersen

FYI guys...I'll simply say OSFF are still very much "expert only" fish. Jake was VERY instrumental in helping me with my first ones (which we initially offered many green slimer frags generously donated to the project ;) )

FWIW,

Matt

por2stylz

they were never impossible just to many "experts" who let all there german made equipment and super big tanks why they think they are experts say cant be done.

Unless a marine biologist comes online and tells us this species is impossible go for it.

Just got my OSFF last week look fat n growing in length 7 days ive had them in a temporaliy in my 40 gal tank with some stressful tank mates (cleaner wrasse) and they are doing fine. they are waitn for there 50 gal inclusively for them to be finish cycling where i hope to get them breeding.

2 Years with the so called cleaner wrasse eats like pig so never let a expert say u cant keep them cuz technically the ocean belongs in the ocean not in a glass box.

BTW mpederson what sps do yours love the most besides acropora. Mine love the new life spectrum .5 mm brown sinking pellets

these fish are the equivilent to the hummingbird in shyness and feeding

PIMPALA

BASICALLY we should all return all the fish to the ocean....... ive had a cleaner wrasse for 2 years now SO HAAAAAAA and orangespotted filefish for a week eating everything i trained them to eat out of tube. to those think certain types cant be kept hey people shouldnt be imprisoned but they are to those who have a list its your just to scared to try and if you had any morals on not destroying the ocean habitat you wouldnt be in this hobby as long as we build more tanks for fish and stock them the ocean will get plundered its fact of life like industry and pollution its how the contstant need for aquiring runs society. sharks in small tank thats different issue im against SO if you cant or dont know how to keep a cleaner wrass or OSFF alive its becuase you really arent a expert as you say you are you just let all the equipment do all the talking actualy get your hands in the tank n get them dirty and spend some time on the animals manualy instead of having it as a reef show piece p.s i have 40gal tank how do i do it eh?

:stars:

great second post. wow.

Awesome thread. Gives great insight on the many different species. The one thing I really like is that it's not saying that u shouldn't get any of the fish, just that u should always do ur research on any fish. Plus take things slow as ur experience grows so will your knowledge, thus increasing the fish u r able to keep. I've browsed many sites in this hobby most of which aren't very helpfull and to a point are down right rude. Joining this sight has been the best decision I made. It's the most helpfull, the most friendly, plus has giving me the confidence so when I do build my tank I will know what I'm doing, if I have any problems I know where to come to for help. Ty all. Awesome job, awesome info.