Fish selection Help

SunnyX

Ok, The local LFS has a 3 inch Regal tang and a 5 inch one also.
The 3inch one has been there for a week and the bigger one was a trade-in brought in today. I put a deposit on the 3 inch Regal tang and a yellow tang of the same size.

Should i go with the bigger Regal or stick to the two smaller tangs?

fidojoe

Fish Addict
I usually buy the smaller ones, because my logic is that the smaller ones are younger, and they will have more of their life in my tank rather than someone else's. JMO

Craig Manoukian

I'd get the smaller tangs and add them both at the same time. Less chance of bad dispositions the younger they are.

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

mnreefman

well first off what size tank are we talking about.. imo d go smaller as well.. however youll need a 125 for these fish to be n the sametank... they need lots o swimming room

wooddood

the wood dude
i agree with craig put them in at the same time.tangs get very aggressive after thier introduced to the tank and will harass all new fish added later.

Mary

Evil Angel
Hey Sunny!
Nice looking Tang! It looks HUGE! I went to Pet Connection Saturday evening and seen they had some nice big ones there, but no Purple ones in stock. Where did you end up getting it at? Looks healthy and happy!

Mary

Evil Angel
THAT was the biggest Tang I've ever seen in a LFS! Nice that you took it to a good home Sunny! :)

SunnyX

Originally posted by Mary
THAT was the biggest Tang I've ever seen in a LFS! Nice that you took it to a good home Sunny! :)

Yea, I never seen one that big at a LFS. They told me the former owner had it for 2 years. The tang is doing fine now. Theres just one thing, he eats like a cow!! This guy is a machine. I have never seen any fish eat that much.