Fish on hold at the LFS!

Today i went up to the LFS to actually have my water tested and while there dave was opening bags of fish! One of those fish in a bag was a sixline wrasse...i have wanted one of these for a while now, they seem to be a great little active fish with alot of color!

He's on hold for the time being!

The fish will be going into my 26 gal tank with the other fishies...2 clowns and a lemonpeel angel! I know that four fish in a 26 gal tank is a bit much but when you have a 26 gal sump/fuge and a weekly 10% water change, i'm pretty sure that i'll be ok!

I was wondering if anyone has one of these little guys and how is it with other fish and corals!?!

Thanks!

aquaman3680

I actually just took mine out because he was too agressive with the smaller fish in my tank corals fine and will actually get rid of bristle worms

semigodd154

i have one in my 26 bow with a pr of cardinals hes been there since the beginning and no problems. good personality in my experience.

yea it will be the last fish i add to my tank...do you think with it being the last fish it will be ok with the other fish? also i was reading and i saw that it will eat small snails and some crabs...has anyone seen them eat one of there snails are hermits?

gimpy

I had one 3-4 years ago with a perc clown and a lemonpeel. I didn't see any aggressiveness on his part. He was always going in and out of the rocks. I thought he was a good fish. Didn't seem to bother anything. My perc and the lemonpeel I used to have had no problems with him. He came up missing one day. I think a hitchhiker crab did him in. No proof, but I did remove the crab after that happened.

Frank

KMP

i got a buddy that got one a few weeks ago. he loves the little guy and is telling me i should get one. very active. he hasn't mentioned any problems with it yet.

fidojoe

Fish Addict
I have one in my 90g, along with 3 firefish, a potters angel, 2 false percs, a yellow tang, a yellow watchman, a cleaner shrimp, a peppermint shrimp, tons of snails, 3 conch's, a tigertail cuke, brittle star, and a bunch of different corals. The only things that he has been agressive towards are food and pods, and maybe a bristle worm or two.

well KMP and fidojoe...you have both made me feel a little better about possibly bringing home a fourth and final fish!

i would never want to get a fish that would be a problem to my system...although in all honesty i guess there is no true way of know for sure just how the fish will react within a tank...i think that i will give the little guy a try (the LFS told me that he is at his full size - about the size of my clowns) i am hoping that between a somewhat agressive lemonpeel (when something new comes in the tank and after a few days he's fine) and alot of rockwork to swim in and out of this fish will do just fine!

today i believe that i will go and pick up the sixline...i hope that he will be a good all around fish!

...and i guess if it turns out to be a good fish, well i'll just take him back!

i brought the fishie home earlier today...around 1pm...i have kept all of the lights off today...i am wondering if it would be ok to turn my actinic on to feed the fish...would this be ok?

after putting the sixline in the tank, my fish were all curious as expected but so far so good!

thanks aquaman...i turned my actinic on and fed the tank...he cam out after a while but just in and out of thr LR...im sure that tomorrow he will be out a whole lot more!

...anyone have a sixline wrasse that jumped...billyr told me wrasses are jumpers...i hope mine doesn't!?!

aquaman3680

no mine was in an open lid for a year and a half. Mostly the more skittish ones like fairys and flashers, but they can jump not likely. I have heard of mystery wrasses jumping and they are in the same sub-species as 6 lines. Hit and miss with jumping