Fish ID Please

Cougra

Alright antoher trip to the LFS has yeilded yet more photos of fish that I haven't been able to ID yet. Could someone please see if they can figure out what these fish are?

This one was labled as a small spot Pompano but I have serious doubts about that ID.
AG3319.jpg

AG3322.jpg

I'm not sure whawt kind of wrasse this is:
AG3324.jpg

AG3325.jpg

And this one may be a lot harder because I was unable to get a side on shot of this goby. However maybe someoen will get lucky and know what it is:
AG3307.jpg

And this last one, I think I know what it is but would like a bit of confirmation as it could be one of two different tangs:

AG3309.jpg

aquaman3680

1st- kinda looks like a mono
2nd- possibly the same sub species as a lunar wrasse?
3rd- some exotic watchman goby
4th-Mimic tang Eibli version

Matt

ReefLady

Staff member
That first one looks like a juvenile, similar to baitfish I've seen used in the gulf under the name "silver dollars." But I'm guessing those juvenile markings will change.

A couple to look into: Possibly Atlantic spadefish or (another common name) "moonfish". Either way, I'm guessing if it lived to adulthood, that'd be one big fish.

Cougra

I think your right about the goby, but it's hard to tell from my photo. Unfortunately it didn't move around much in the tank so I couldn't get a different angle or see it very well.

Travis, I agree that those are most likely juvenile markings which is what makes it extremely hard to ID. It will definately be a very large fish as it was already about 4 or 5 inches in diameter!