(First Reef Tank Ever) **** 600gal Display **** 1300gal System

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbui2

here are some details on the entire plumbing system.
8-8.jpg

8-8a.jpg

8-8b.jpg

4-24.jpg

4-15.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'm going to have to look at that for a LONG time to even get a CLUE! Are you sure that's not just a bunch of random parts from the plumbing house to confuse us? Just Kidding! That's AMAZING! I hope you don't mind helping me when I go to set up my tank room in a couple of years. I can't even fathom what it takes to trouble shoot in that system... WHEW!! I'm off to put some eye drops in and study that one some more. WOW!!!

Allen :)

Anselth

Wow...I hope one day I can have a system half as nice as this one. Excellent set-up. Can't wait for more photos.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Well i just got done studying your thread and i have to say....Woah dude your nuts! :D
Thats a lot to take on for your first time. I hope you love the hobby as much as you like building the systems. best of luck with your adventure!

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
What a waste!
Hopefully there wasn't a major tragedy in his life or the life of his family that caused this to happen. It was a monumental undertaking and seemed like it was going well.
All the best!

Frankie

RS STAFF
Frankie, This system was dismantled and Bart (cbui2) is no longer reefing :(
I know Robert. I am not to sure of the circumstances but am taking a poke at it. I am hoping people who read this thread in the future realize this hobby of keeping a happy and healthy reef is more then a bunch of tubes and junk. It's knowledge. It's staring at that first piece of live rock in wonder for hours and realizing how complex life really is. Trial and error are key to understanding and succeeding.
I hope one day Bart finds his passion for reefs and builds another incredible setup.

boozeman

quoted from another forum ... ''Sorry, but I will no longer have updates and as for the main display with all the equipments have been completely removed and will be sold in pieces. Reef keeping is just too hard and I decided to quit.__________________
Bart ''

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I hate to see and hear that but in all honesty if he couldn't or wasn't willing to make the commitment he did the right thing. Man what a shame though! Wonder if he'c come set up my MONSTER system when I build the new house :)

lcstorc

Sorry to hear that. Maybe he would have kept on if the system was of a more managable size. One that big had to require a lot of work not to mention money.

boozeman

... After a prolonged battle with a serious ich outbreak and a tank crash resulting in many corals RTN he decided to quit.
There is actually a very good lesson to learn from our friend Bart....and that is to quarantine any fish before you put them into your main display :(

Status
Not open for further replies.