First Nano Reef Tank 3 Gallon

Nightfall

Did a full test today, PH was 8.2-8.4ish, Ammonia 0 ppm, Nitrite 0 ppm, nitrate 0 ppm, but my salinity spiked up well over 1.033 so did a 30% drain and added non-mixed ro/do water and brought it back into the 1.025 range easily. Still with no fish the corals were all VERY open and moving which is what I wanted from them and the polyps have actually moved and spread onto other rocks from their original frag rock. Very pleased and after the change added some reefroids (mixed in a cup) into tank after target applying to each coral using a syringe with a tube attachment. Gotta say all in all things looking nice, actually considering adding 1 single fish again and hoping it doesn't get lonely, but....waiting before I take that step still. Little wary after all the losses I had. Also after adding reefroids saw the kraken bristleworm out for first time since the mass deaths. No way I could have caught it but its time will come sooner or later.

Decided to snap a few more pics of the corals and a couple of one of the larger scarlet red legged hermits so here they are:

Back of Tank
Tree and Polyps
Aussie Torch's
Aussie Elegance
I heard of elephant graveyards but my tank has a snail graveyard?
Scarlet Legged Hermit 1
Scarlet Legged Hermit 2
Elegance at night.
Torch at night.
Full Tank at night.

Over all enjoying the fruits of my labors as many have told me to do. Sad without my clowns but still its relaxing and enjoyable to sit and watch.

LSUFireGal

Looks great. Can't wait for my frags to grow out a bit in my pico. Good job keeping things stable now!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Nightfall

Caught 3 bristle worms and most of another. Will be a while before it shows itself outside rock again. Still waiting for the huge one to come out.

Ok caught 4 more, sighted at least 4 others but gotta leave SOME I guess in tank lol. But if I can catch them they are gone lol.

Last edited:

Nightfall

Got 1 more Bristle worm tonight when I got home from work and saw that peanut worm again first time in ages. Everything still doing well might have a fish or 2 added temporarily as someone locally is renovating and their tank has to be torn apart so have to relocate its contents. Going to try for the rock and clowns he has can relocate them after my new tank completes its cycling. He also has a bi-colored blenny so who knows?

Nightfall

Well I target fed the elegance and the torchs and I must admit this is the first time I seen a plant eat. I was able to snag a couple pics of its mouth open with the feed still there.

And took a video of it and a rarely out peanut worm:

Nightfall

Well it appears somewhere under my 3 gallon I am leaking water. Small amount but still showing obvious signs. Its a completely cycled tank and now need to relocate everything in it to my 20 which I can move livestock but no room for the sand or rest of the rock in it and have to put it all in a bucket until I figure out how to fix it...anyone good at finding leaks and fixing them?

Nightfall

Sand and water in bucket, snails and hermits in 20 (more than I need now) so if I do get 3 going again its going to be like a complete restart. The mixing up of the sand will have flooded the water with nitrate requiring a full replacement..and it was pre-cycled for 15 years in lfs tanks so its sand that is dirty as all hell. So.....January started my 3 gallon nano journey and as of 11:38pm June 30th it ended. Tank was aptly named....R.I.P. "Against All Odds"

*sniff* :drown::tears::sinking::cursin:

Nightfall

If I knew what I was doing I could seal it but the water is still severely contaminated with the dirty aragonite mixed up and as far as I know if I replace the entire water but kept the sand and rock (and black sponge filter) I would still have to start again wouldn't I? Well its empty now and all the equip for it is now on the inside....cleanest its been in months lol.

While I try to figure out what to do I am going to make that rock I wanted for the 3 gallon so if I do restart I will have custom design rock in it looking how I want it to look.