First Fish Problem, Not?

Grenalis

I just got my first 2 fish a pink and blue spotted shrimp goby ( at least I think its the shrimp one) and a yellow tailed blue damsel. The ? is, How long b4 she decides to come out from hiding? I can see where she is but she has been in the same spot for 2 days, ever since i put her in the tank. Thanks forum.

Reef Wall

I'm assuming you are talking about the damsel and not the gobies? Could you post some information on your tank parameters? salt? Temp? Nitrates? Nitrites? How long was the tank cycled before the fish were introduced? These are the questions to answer first. If these parameters are all good then it will just take more time.

Grenalis

2 days 16 hours huh... sweet.

I didn't know if she was hiding due to new environment, or if there always hiding, or if mabey she was sick or something. Ill just try to forget shes in there and then be surprised i have a new fish
:p

thanks TylerHaworth

Grenalis

reefwall... yes the damsel sorry. Its a jbj nano 24g... 20 lb live rock, 20 lb live sand, ph is 8.3 salt is 1.023, zero AM, zero nitrite, 20 nitrate temp 76F 1 week b4 i added 3 red leg crabs and 4 margarita snails, then 2 weeks b4 my nitrites went from 1 to zero. Then 2 days after that I added the 2 fish. Also there are no bio balls (took them out and put live rubble in the bottom of the second chamber)

Reef Wall

Nitrates are a little high but I don't think they are high enough to cause any issues with your fish. I think she will be fine. Damsels are very hardy fish. Give her some more time. I might do a 10% water change just to sleep better at night.

BTW live rock rubble causes the same problems as bioballs IMO.

Grenalis

Just did another test to be sure and nitrites still zero and nitrate is looking closer to 10 -15 now (that's lower then 2 days ago, it was about 18 to be exact... was not quite to the orange of the 20) Nice... I only changed to live rubble cause Everyone @ the stores were telling me the bio balls are nitrate magnets in a bio cube... oh well.. was only like 3 bucks any who.