Fighting female Anthias

I picked up a trio of Lyretail Anthias (Pseudanthias squamipinnis) and the two females are acting very aggresive at times to one another. They will swim side by side showing no aggression in front of my pump output and then all of a sudden they with lock jaws and tumble around viciously foe a few seconds. They are not fin nipping each other and are not bothering any of the other fish or the male Anthias.
They were listed as peaceful but these two females are anything but.
They are housed in a 125 gallon tank with lots of rockwork.
Are they setting a pecking order?
Should I add more females?
Anyone have any idea on what is going on with them?

reefer4200

my two female anthias do that as well and chase eachother randomly...then the male steps in and cuts the crap...does your male do anything? Might want to consider a 3rd female...from what im told its good to have 3 females to a male...i only have two tho..? my 2cents

The male does come around from time to time but it does not seem to be very concerned about the fighting. I wanted to buy more females but I was limited to only two of them due to quantity issues from the supplier.

jhnrb

I have the lyretail and keep one adult male to six females/young males. I would recommend at least 3 females up to six.