Favorite Clown Fish

blackwater

Whats your favorite clown fish and why? i had 2 tank bred ocellaris clowns and i loved them. Ate right from my had lol.

theplantman

I loved my pair of false percs I had in my old setup but my new favorites have to be the black ice clowns that are out now. Beautiful cross between a snowflake and black ocellaris. You get a nice mix of the white patchwork, heavy black borders and the classic orange as infill. A mated pair will be the final fish I add to the tank this summer.

blackwater

ive seen the black ice clowns too, they are cool. my wife really wants them for the new tank. but they are like 100$. are they expensive were u are?

theplantman

yep, the only place I have seen them in person was a 3 hour drive from here at pacific east aquaculture but it was too early in my stocking schedule. I will most likely order a pair online or have my local lfs bring me in a pair from sustainable aquatics. I'm guessing the pair will cost me anywhere from 2-300. I don't want just two fish, I am looking for a bonded pair.

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I've got 2 pairs of Oscellaris Clowns. I love one pair alot. The large female of the other pair is an Orange SHARK....i get bit every time i go to feed my Carpet nem, or rearrange the rock work to Right a fallen frag. Its annoying. They are cute. When i setup my 90g tank, im springing for a pair of Black Osc clowns. When/if i ever get a pair that lays eggs, i'll setup a Breeding rig, just for fun.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I think everyone thinks that their clowns are the best no matter what kind they are :yup:
As a matter of fact, I don't know what kind mine are but, I L:heart:VE THEM :D
D45F77DC-6954-4A8D-8D44-FCC02CD7D8D1-376-00000063F59131D8_zpsee962787.jpg
[/IMG]
And they love me to hand feed them too :spinner:

theplantman

I think everyone thinks that their clowns are the best no matter what kind they are :yup:
As a matter of fact, I don't know what kind mine are but, I L:heart:VE THEM :D
D45F77DC-6954-4A8D-8D44-FCC02CD7D8D1-376-00000063F59131D8_zpsee962787.jpg
[/IMG]
And they love me to hand feed them too :spinner:

They look like false percs to me. Amphiprion ocellaris great characters.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
I certainly love my pair of true percs. They're so cute together and greet me every time I approach the tank.

Blndbunny

I love my snowflakes. I have one fancy and one extreme, and they are so very sweet. I've had the pair for a few months now and they are so social, but they do beg to be fed whenever I walk up to the tank like little puppies. They are a time and great to watch, they are in my sewing room

ReefApprentice

I love my pink skunk clowns. They host my colt coral and will eat anything! I enjoy watching the male swim out and then for no real reason dart into the colt coral.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
My Tank bred mated pair Ocellaris clowns - they are soooooooo nice and peaceful - can even put my hand next to their eggs!

Click on pic below to see short vid...

blackwater

will definitely get some clowns again. just not sure which ones.....leaning towards the black ice but the cost sooo much. keep the pics coming all your clowns look great;)