Fat Lawnmower Blenny

Scouter Steve

My LMB is so fat it looks like it swallowed a marble! When it rests on a rock its fins won't touch the rock, he just teeters back and forth. Is this normal or do I need to but him on a diet? I have noticed though my red scooter is getting thin! I didn't think the LMB would go after pods but it looks like that is what is happening.

daddio

I had to banish mine to the refugium. He stopped eating algae and started eating everything else. Watch him as he gets more mature...they can get aggressive. Mine started picking on snails, clams, fish, etc. He became a bully.

Scouter Steve

This is my second LMB. The first one was picked on till starvation be a renegade Kole Tang. I hope he behaves as I think they are a cool critter.

daddio

They are cool... it is one of my favorite fish... lots of personality. I just wanted to let you know to keep an eye on him. No one had told me that they can get aggressive when they get older and I was really surprised to see him attack his tankmates. "Camo", as my sons call him, is at least four years old and had just started showing this behavior about six months ago.