Fan/net armed thing of a whatcha

Ensonik

This is touch to describe because I can't see the whole critter. I'l describe what I can see.
- It's in a crevise of the live rock
- It's got a few legs, like a spider (so I guess it might be a crab ...)
- It's got these weird fan/net things for arms and catches flying debris with it. It's a very deliberate movement. I can see at least 2 of these fan/net things and they are somewhat transparent.
- It's got a jagged skin texture
- I beleive (and this is not confirmed, cause it might not be the same critter) that I saw pinches on him last night.

I know this isn't much to go on, but I've looked at a few id pages, and couldn't figure it out.

Thanks all.

Craig Manoukian

I this close?

j19511.jpg

Welcome, welcome, welcome to RS!

Ensonik

Hi :) I've been lurking for a few months and finally had a good reason to sign up. This is all new to me (as you can tell).

I don't think that's it ... unless it can pull off that really cool fan/net thing. It's exactly like a japanese fan (those hand held ones ... I'm sure there's a real word for it ...) opening and closing.

Ensonik

This is one of those rare times where I'm not completely sure. I was really big into fresh water and bough a nano on impulse. 4 pounds of it, I have no idea where it's from. 6 pounds is Sulawesi live rock.

baja_01

Yes, too bad they are not mine. I found them trough google. Right click and check the properties to see where they came from.