Extra Piece for RSM 250

tvreaves

Hello. We thought we had finished putting together our RSM250 last night but ended up with a leftover piece and are stumped. I'm going to try to describe it and hopefully can get away with not posting a picture. It is a black cylinder shaped piece, about 2 1/2 inches long, covered with horizontal cut-outs. Does anyone know where this goes? Thanks for your help.

tvreaves

I didn't see it on the sheet. I will try to attach a picture. Thanks.

SparePart.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
It looks like an "Intake Grate/Screen" just like the one I have on some of my bulkheads.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
There ya go! I could tell by the spiracle "slots" that it had to twist-n-lock onto some type of tabs.

Terry you da man :D

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Where is the skimmer pump located? As you can tell I'm clueless with these units but I can get lucky once in a while LOL! ...

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
BigAl - here's a big picture of the back of the 250:

MAX 250 filtration & circulation unit

1. Accessory Kit (inlet/outlet ports)
2. 1200 lph circulation pump with adjustable direction outlet
3. Compartment for accessory pump
4. Thermostat controlled heater
5. Mechanical filter sponge
6. Adjustable protein skimmer with a turbo aspiration pump
7. Highly porous ceramic biological filter media
8. Activated carbon chemical filter media
9. Cartridge for fine (water polishing) filter material
10. Sponge bubble trap
11. 2400 lph circulation pump with adjustable direction outlet

250_filtration_big.jpg

I can't see that piece anywhere in here, which makes me think it's not used or needed.

The good news is it looks like u have the new style pump!

I would use the strainer just in case a snail or something squeezed down there it may save the impeller.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Very cool. That looks like something I'd enjoy "Tinkering" with... I can take ANYTHING apart :D

reeferman

mine didnt come with that piece, so of course,i didnt use it.dont see where it would be needed though

offshore - unfortunately (maybe) that's a picture YOU posted:

Is that strainer supposed to be used? Ooops - I see you gave an answer: "I would use the strainer just in case a snail or something squeezed down there it may save the impeller."

It is.

I don't think the strainer comes on the Hydor. So he's probably good.