{{{expletive Deleted}}}

BEELZEBOB

So my tank went to haties.

time to bring it, like back?

stronger!

Faster!

SMARTER!!!!!

The first STEP!

i getting rid of everything i have except my t5's, My mantis, and maybe my LR.

BANE the mantis will go to an LFS for a month while i get a 10 gallon tank w/ like MAYBE 5lbs new LR cycling and going.

whilest thats goin down,

(HERE IS MY PLAN BUT I QUESTION IF IT WILL WORK)
does bypro, or any algae for that matter lay dormant?

BECAUSE i was gonna get an extra heater, a 20 gallon rubbermaid, and then;

scrubbin all my rocks, get all the poo off em.

then, let them sit, coverd, in darkness for like a month (Weekly WC's mind you) to kill all algae spore babies.

then, buy/ make a REAL REEF TANK w/ adiquate, PROPORTIONAL flow, an overflow, UV STERIZER, sump, pump and etc.

and start anew.

or shoul i just toss the rocks and start anew? Or should i start boiling them, and recuring w/ additional LR.

IM {{{EXPLITIVE DELETED}}} BACK BABY!!!!!

reefer4200

ha thats awesome i like the way that was worded....if the algae was really that bad i would boil or restart. save you problems in the future...ya mean? and u better get going..we aare ALL anxious. well i am atleast. ha

Mya

I alway find humor in 99% of the things you post.
I guess I should be saying ... Uh, WELCOME BACK! Right?

BEELZEBOB

BOW CHICKA BOW BOW!!!!!!

i want more opinions from you minions.

and mya, you should just feel privilaged. :D

rmlevasseur

I'm no expert in the Bob, but I'm not sure we can ever eliminate byropsis spores in our tanks. Any rock risks introduction, but hopefully under the right conditions it won't take hold.

I'd suggest keeping the rock you have, but boiling it and recuring it. Hell, cure it in muriatic acid for a few days. I did that with my Marco Rock and it worked great. But my guess is that you have some phosphate laden rock, so only the "cooking" process is going to get rid of that, and that can take 4-6 months. I'm not sure if that's worth it or not, since skimming and frequent water changes is recommended.

I also see you are looking at UV. Lots of people have different reports on this, but imo they are largely inneffective. I ran one years back and it seemed that I had to clean the glass casing every month or it would crud up. Real pain in the arse. Instead, 2 months ago I added ozone to my system, and I tell you I could not be happier. Naturally that bumps price with a controller and all, but I have found it far superior thus far to UV.

If you need to save some $$$, take a look at the Marco or Eco rock stuff. You can see from my thread how fast mine colored up, and the shape and porosity can't be beat. And this way you know you aren't introducing the nasties.

BEELZEBOB

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

i like it!

i no way shap or form do i know the best way to go about this!!!

if i didnt have BANE, id get out the hobby.

but i love my Bug. he cost only $12.99

but he has since cost me thousands :D

Luukosian

A tank barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build bob's first byropsis free tank . This will be that tank. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.

lol :)

Mya

I r privileged.

And about the byropsis thingy. I have never had it so I better just shut up and be happy I never did?

LR can be super expensive and I know the cheap me would just boil and re-cure. Plus I would be so angry that I jacked it up that I would do it that way just to prove I could beat it. Haha.

Frankie

RS STAFF
11816995809491.gif

BLAKEJOHN

Hey bob, I remember you starting a thread on the brtopsis but I never followed it. Did you try the MG method with kent tech M? Bumping it up to 1600ppm and maintaining it till it was ll gone?