Everything a reefer needs to know!

Frankie

RS STAFF
To be a functioning member of Reef Sanctuary of course!

Recently I have been seeing some long term lurkers finally reach out and join up, ask questions or share their wonderful aquariums.

It is really refreshing to see! I challenge all you beginners and more experienced reefers out there lurking to join up and become a part of the community.

The more we share ideas and ask questions the further we will go in this hobby, and that can help with advancements.

Where do you think all these cool new toys and advancements come from? Us!! Without the diy and idea swapping on online forums, we would still be stuck in the stone ages with very little resources to study by.
I have seen it time and again great ideas started in forums just like this one and those ideas becoming serious changes in advancement for or benefits.

I am proud to have a hand in this and know the many wonderful people that contribute to our goals daily. Why not you too?

So come on and join up! Show us what you have! You will be surprised at how special Reef sanctuary really is..

Frank.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
+1 ^

Anyone lurking... feel free to start posting and ask any question you have, share you experiences, successes or trials you won't get flamed here on RS is the nicest reefing forum on the net !

Reef sanctuary really is special ! :dance:

Last edited:

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I have learned so much here, taken my reefing abilities from the stone ages to the new age. Definitely sign up people!

catran

Yeah, I was afraid at first, but I have made so many great friends! We really learn a lot from each other and it's so nice to share information whether I learned it from someone else or figured it out on my own. No, not a guilt trip here.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'm feeling a bit guilty now for lurking even when I've signed up!
Great site for info. I've got to ask more questions
guilty3.gif

guilty.gif

:LOL: Just kidding! I think many of us "Lurked" (maybe call it researched) before we actually made the leap and POSTED! It's all good and I like I've always heard,

"Better late than NEVER!" :thumber:

Frankie

RS STAFF
Welcome to RS those that have taken the leap! There have been a few interesting new members since this thread was started! :thumbup:

If there are any that are not getting the help they were looking for, please feel free to contact my via private message by clicking on this link:

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=625

Let me share a brief history of how I found RS.

I found Reef Sanctuary through an internet chat on MIRC in 2003.
Woodstock and a few others were helping a lot back then ( 9 years already!!) in chat rooms all over the net and I was invited to join RS from there in the very beginning.

I was as green as they came to Saltwater. (though I thought I had it all figured out because of my freshwater experience and 2 years in salt up to that point)

After joining RS I started to realize I really knew nothing and had a long way to go. Water quality? yeah, my water is clear as ice! LOL, man was I in for a surprise :)

Over the years here I have learned a lot and have always felt welcome. As if I was a part of a community and not just another hobbyist asking questions. Or getting flamed for my bad mistakes.

The best part of this for me is the people, to this day I am still learning a lot, and surprising enough, most of it is from beginners! The questions being asked on a daily basis has helped keep me on track with the basics. Something were all able to forget if not reminded of them consistently.

I look forward to seeing our community grow more this year. These are trying times with the economy, I could not imagine doing this hobby alone and making costly mistakes.

Let us continue to help one another and continue to build one of the best online aquaria sites on the net!

Frank. :)

devind

Hi, my names Devin. Im not a reefer yet, but im a wanabe. I have a small 55g SW tank im using right now. I have been doing FW tanks for years, but wanted to give SW a shot. I am starting slow, learning and reading, so i dont make too many expensive mistakes. This forum has been great help. Ive noticed if i have a question, odds are someone else had it too. so i spend alot of time reading other posts, even if i dont say much. I dont like looking foolish, so i dont say much because i dont feel i have alot to contribute yet, BUT I WILL GET THERE

thanks

Devin

Robzilla

No such thing as looking foolish. A few days ago I asked if corals can poop lol. So don't be afraid to ask questions.

Frankie

RS STAFF
No such thing as looking foolish. A few days ago I asked if corals can poop lol. So don't be afraid to ask questions.

And what was the answer Rob? :)

Very cool! There have been some great and interesting new aquariums that have joined up since this thread was started.
I am particularly impressed with the 14 year olds tank "georgesreef" check it out!
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/meet-greet-forum/69213-hey-its-george.htmlLet's keep bumping this thread

There have also been a few shy join ups, first post and then nothing. We even got a John Doe LOL! (BTW, reefs are NOT evil!)

From all the posts in this thread it is obvious that we have some very kind and wonderful members here on RS.

Let's try and keep bumping this thread today and keep it on the home page. Our activity has picked up and some threads are going unanswered due to the amount of posting going on. "very cool" :thumbup:

Remember, in the little box on the left on home page called "other stuff" there is a link to "unanswered threads"

Check it out. There may be a question you have an answer to that could help another reefer in need.

Keep up the great updates also everyone, after 8 years here you all continue to inspire and educate me in this awesome hobby.

RS rocks!

Frankie

soco

Reef sanctuary is an awesome place to learn! No one will ever make you feel stupid for asking something you don't know, no matter how rediculous! There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here. I hope this thread convinces anyone on the edge to go ahead and join up!