Ever have tank nightmares?

CATALYST

I had a bad dream last night the the acrylic on my fuge busted and all the water drained out and my fish dried up. What a horrible dream! It woke me up in a start and I had to go check on them. Does this every happen to you?

Matth2181

lol YES! i was doing a water change, and accidently added straight tap water into the tank without adding salt, or anything...

Kingfish

A few weeks ago, I was sleeping then in the middle of the night I heard water pouring out. Luckily my tank is in my bedroom. I guess the seal broke through, which was kind of expected since I re-sealed it myself. It didn't look like I did the best job. Everything turned out okay, I had another running tank at the time. I got a new tank. It looks a lot better, and now I can sleep. I recommend not using an old tank with leaks. They are like an asshole ready to explode. :dance:

had a dream like that back in the mid 90's but I dream that my 3 55's 1 38 and and 2 20's had busted and had one ugly flood in my apartment. I woke up and went straight into the living room and did a complete inspection on everything that took me almost an hour and a half to do, probably because i done 15 to 20% WC on all tanks. along double checking all my magnum 350 connection and checking each canister.

Back then I was running 3 magnum 350 per tank 1 charcoal, 1 ammonia, and 1 micron filter for water polishing excpt for on the 20's and 10's I ran magnum hot's on them just 1 per tank.

but in my dream the only tanks that didn't bust was 2 38's and 3 20's, So you can se how many tanks i had in my living room ( my fish room since I really only had 1 couch and a 25" tv in there.). lol and in my bedroom had about 5 10's that held feeders.

2 of the 3 55's was my SW tank one was FO and the other one was a FOWLR

Jess

I have the opposite issue. I CONSTANTLY dream that things are growing at a rapid rate, and in my dream I'll wake up only to find my leather has quadrupled in size, my rics have split and are huge, etc etc. Then I really do wake up and am like WAH-WAH! :LOL:

Frankie

RS STAFF
I use to have skimmer nightmares:eek:h:
I would dream it went crazy and dumped my whole system.

leahski

haha i don't have nightmares about my reef, i have nightmares INSIDE my reef!! haha
it's true. i'm in the tank, but i'm not really human or fish, and all sorts of stuff happens. like, my crab will try to eat me, or a frogspawn will take out everything in the tank...

RockBox

I actually sold off most of my corals after having dreams of tank crashes while I was away. I'll restock when my traveling winds down.

Uh yeah, I often dream that the tank busted and spilled tons of water everywhere. I'm really paranoid about it. I'm always checking the seals, etc on my tank.

And then once I had a dream that my cat took too much interest in the tank...somehow jumped inside it and couldn't get back out and drowned. That was not a happy dream. Luckily, the cat could care less about the tank.