Euroreef RS80 skimmer pump

I bought an RS80 used a few months ago from the LFS, the pump was trashed so I just bought the skimmer itself. I put a QuietOne1200 on it with a DIY venturi and it "works" but its pretty poor performance.

I got some birthday money and I think I found a line of pumps that are affordable for me, The GenX needlewheel pumps.

Only problem is, I can't figure out which model to get!

Anyone that owns one (pump I'm looking at or the skimmer I have) can you recommend something?

I am hoping to get the 395GPH one, (model 1500) but the 600GPH one (model 2400) seems more close to the stock pump (model 2400).

If it will work I'd rather get the 1500.
Anything would probably be better than what I have now xD

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I would go with the largest pump you can afford, possible even step up to a bubble blaster or like pump for better preformance.

What are the skimmer dimensions?

nanoskim

I bought an RS80 used a few months ago from the LFS, the pump was trashed so I just bought the skimmer itself. I put a QuietOne1200 on it with a DIY venturi and it "works" but its pretty poor performance.

I got some birthday money and I think I found a line of pumps that are affordable for me, The GenX needlewheel pumps.

Only problem is, I can't figure out which model to get!

Anyone that owns one (pump I'm looking at or the skimmer I have) can you recommend something?

I am hoping to get the 395GPH one, (model 1500) but the 600GPH one (model 2400) seems more close to the stock pump (model 2400).

If it will work I'd rather get the 1500.
Anything would probably be better than what I have now xD

Contact Jeff at reefdynamics.com and they will sell you the correct pump for your RS80 skimmer.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I would step up to a more modern pump as the designs have gotten better, I am adding a bubble blaster to my euro reef to replace the ehiem one of these days.

I kinda avoid dealing with reef dynamics as they are exspensive for pumps, you can find them cheaper and there is nothing special about them, a sedra is a sedra on on a euro reef or a asm.

Just my .02

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
You know what I have a sedra 3500 feeding my euro reef and it's not doing much, I could easily put the danner mag feed pump back on and cut you a good deal on it if you wanted. I don't have the original elbow that goes from the pump to the skimmer but 3/4" pvc from lowes does the trick.

Let me know if your interested we can work something out.

Contact Jeff at reefdynamics.com and they will sell you the correct pump for your RS80 skimmer.

Tried that, unfortunately they need the original pump (I didn't get it) :(

I think I'm just going to go with the 1500. Seems like it'd work a ton better than whats there now.