Eric's 300 Gallon Build

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I picked up the 300 gallon taday and got a lot of goodies to go with the tank.

The tank is pretty scratched up, nothing deep thankfully and I am sure I can get it back to like new condition, I honestly don't think you would see the scratches with water in the tank but while it's empty I'm fixing it.

The stand is junk for my use, you can see the overkill in the picture of the back of the stand. I will build a new one, there is a good side it has 6 cabinet doors that are very nice. "Easy build"

I put my buddy in the pic for a size ref.
utf-8BSU1HMDAyMjktMjAxMDA0MTctMTMyM.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMzAtMjAxMDA0MTctMTMyM.jpg

Here's the sump 6ft long :) it's build nice 1/4" acrylic and open leaving a lot of possibilities.
utf-8BSU1HMDAyMzYtMjAxMDA0MTctMTU1M.jpg

Here's a pic of the rock I got, I'm guessing close to 200lbs and it's all nice pieces.
utf-8BSU1HMDAyMzgtMjAxMDA0MTctMTU1M.jpg

I almost have everything I need, it'll take some work to get it all ready to go but not to bad, difinately a good starting point.

The only piece of equipment I really need to get the tank running is the closed loop pump. So I'm well on my way. I know it doesn't look like much now but just site back and watch.

More pics soon.

1Reefer

Holy geez Eric! That thing is huge!!

Oh yeah! First to post lol!

Can't wait to see this thing come together, I'm already picturing the rock scape... main pile on the left ? Or right ?

Have you checked E-Bay for the pump you neeed? I found a killer light for my 10 g bow on there lastnight but I didn't have the money to buy it.... made me wish I didn't even find it lol

Well seems like you got some work to do... so get to it! Lol jk.. seriously though nice tank man. Make sure you post pics of that stand also!

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
The main rock pile will be on the left end, since I have all this rock I am considering 3 semi large column, 2 on the left as planned and one on the right or some other unique design. I have options for once :)

I figured out the skimmer that came with the tank is as Euro Reef CS8-2 and it's going up for sale lol I may keep it and run it with my Rc250 who knows well see if anyone's even interested.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Thanks guys, I am going to the in laws tomorrow to get measurements so I can layout the closed loop.

I am waiting to clean and buff the scratches out till I get the holes drilled, this way I can do it outside and the water can drain right out.

Here's a shot of the skimmer I got with the tank, should I run two or sell it and just run the Rc250?
utf-8BSU1HMDAyNDEtMjAxMDA0MTctMTcwO.jpg

gritchie4

Wow! When this thing is up and running you better get some scuba gear ready so you can clean it. This tank is huge. Following along.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Thanks :) glad to have the moral support, I was a little leary of a tank so big but everything has fallen into place. I was having second thoughts earlier in the week but I got it worked out and it's on now :)

1Reefer

Dude every time I open this thread, the shear size of this tank impresses me.... you should have made your buddy lay in it and make fish faces for the pic lol jk....

Any progress on the returns Eric?

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Not yet, I can find darts and barricudas cheap all day long, they are more commonly used pumps, another problem is the weight, people don't want to ship them so you won't find very many on ebay.

I'll have it worked out shortly, I'm just buying new.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I just realized what you meant. Lol

I am going in a little bit to get all the measurements, I should have it laid out tonight.

1Reefer

Lol sounds good, you'll have to post pics of course...

And its probably better to buy new when it comes to the pump IMO, if its like anything else it'll probably come with a warranty that way

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Tanks muxh :)

I am reconsidering the rays, once I put the rock piles in there I'm honestly not sure they will have enough room.

Well I'm going to start cleaning, I'll post pictures tonight.