Emergency! ANyone who has kept sharks please come here!

Gina

RS STAFF
I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your shark!
I know the feeling of watching a fish get worse and worse and most times there's nothing you can really do to help them.

Cartman89

lcstorc said:
So sorry to hear. :( Sounds like you will miss your shark the way I miss my ponies. I got lucky though and one pulled through out of the 3.
Shark police on patrol.
Sorry about your ponies. I know exactly how you felt.

AW2EOD

Sorry to hear about the shark.

Doesnt sound like a Lionfish sting tho. I've had a few fish that have been killed by Lion stings and redness, set on so quickly, just doesnt sound like that was the case.

Most irritations, on sharks stomachs, are caused by substrate/rocks. From looking at the pic you posted on the first page, the substrate in your tank was way too rough to be keeping a pup. They need a very, very fine sand bed.

Also could've been the change in pH...that'll also cause sudden death in sharks.

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
ahh man cartman i just caught this post sorry to hear about what happened ..i like d that lil guy too..karma to ya keep ya head up.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Bummer dude! So sorry about your loss..... Iwent through that with my tangs in NY. Long story but i got over it fast.

Cartman89

AW2EOD said:
Sorry to hear about the shark.

Doesnt sound like a Lionfish sting tho. I've had a few fish that have been killed by Lion stings and redness, set on so quickly, just doesnt sound like that was the case.

Most irritations, on sharks stomachs, are caused by substrate/rocks. From looking at the pic you posted on the first page, the substrate in your tank was way too rough to be keeping a pup. They need a very, very fine sand bed.

Also could've been the change in pH...that'll also cause sudden death in sharks.
Yeah might have been. But it was so quick though. It's too bad though. Loved that creature. He seemed happy and healthy. Some of the areas in the tank had very fine sugar like sand and some areas had "rough" sand. The rough sand was from my 55gal. I wish I had gotten rid of the sand from day one. I feel better today though and that won't be my last time keeping sharks.