Emerald Green murderer?

paulrego

This guy has been caught 3 times with a dead ( previously healthy ) fish in its claws. He's being evicted ! Is he a killer or does he just show up after the death occurs?

Choff

Mine was the prime suspect in 3 fish disappearances. All healthy. Gone over night. I think they get them while they sleep. My emerald was a monster though. When they get big, they can go after fish. I have another smaller one that was probably fine, but I sumped both of them.

Blndbunny

I've had two emeralds now and they have both been model citizens, they have never bothered anyone or anything in the tank, except for the bubble algae

catran

I've never seen one go after fish, but when they got big they do go after soft corals.
I bought 5, all of them small. I put them in my 34g and apparently, that was too many. One grew really big and killed a couple others and proceeded to munch on my Pom Pom Xenia. It took me forever to catch him. I had named him Godzilla.

Stay tuned go the 40b!!!

paulrego

Mine was still relatively small. But still a murderer in my court. He was donated to my LFS last night . But not before taking down a damsel , cleaner shrimp and a clown. Allegedly.